Tyre silage pusher

Went about makeing a tyre silage pusher this evening out of scrap that was left around the yard . Saves grapeing in the silage .

Well done on making something useful out f bits and pieces. Great pride after making something yourself, instead of buying it .
Not wishing to rain on your parade , but I think you will find it hard to pick it up .it will keep trying to spin around. I have a double one here since last winter . The lad that made it told me that was the reason that he made them with 2 wheels.

Good job.
Id be putting something stonger on the crosses holding the tyre.
Have a mcabe one here. That has a thick steel plate strengthened with angle irons to bulk it. Can still bend a bit if not carefull enough!

Well done on making something useful out f bits and pieces. Great pride after making something yourself, instead of buying it .
Not wishing to rain on your parade , but I think you will find it hard to pick it up .it will keep trying to spin around. I have a double one here since last winter . The lad that made it told me that was the reason that he made them with 2 wheels.

Yup that is a problem arite only coped that after doin it . Reason i only done one wheel was we only have the one shead i can use it on rest have too narrow of passage to use it on .

Yup that is a problem arite only coped that after doin it . Reason i only done one wheel was we only have the one shead i can use it on rest have too narrow of passage to use it on .
If you want to be super clever.
Rig up some form of lever that drops in to hold the bracket in place. Then when tines go in it pops the lever up automatically.
Bit of working to it. But once done it would save some grief

The pusher here needs re tyreing. It's currently on super singles with a slightly rounded profile. Never could quite clean as much as I'd like.

We do have a pair of tractor front tyres. Would they be a better job? Or would the lugs make it too grippy?
Or stick to super singles but the type with a square profile??

The pusher here needs re tyreing. It's currently on super singles with a slightly rounded profile. Never could quite clean as much as I'd like.

We do have a pair of tractor front tyres. Would they be a better job? Or would the lugs make it too grippy?
Or stick to super singles but the type with a square profile??
We made up one a few years ago with an old dung spreader axle and it just had the usual old ballon tire that was on them back in the day, it was a bit small so we managed to squeeze it through the centre of a rear tractor tire off the pit and it worked perfectly with the lugs on it. I’d say a 24” front would be good enough for the job!

Reactions: AYF
Had an old tractor front on the 1st I made,current one has 17.5s off the loadall on it,they are spot on.:Thumbp2:

Reactions: AYF
Back