Ursus Mercury range

nashmach

I was asked by someone over the past few days if the Ursus Mercury range so a 4512 or 475 had trailer brakes?

I don't think they did but wanted to check.

Also is the lift capacity boosted with assistor rams and I'm nearly sure they had one of those.

Thanks.

They have dry drum brakes no trailer brakes.

You could tap into the spool valves, the levers are behind the seat though. Grrrr.

Tell him to buy a proper tractor.

They have dry drum brakes no trailer brakes.

You could tap into the spool valves, the levers are behind the seat though. Grrrr.

Tell him to buy a proper tractor.

Sorry MF 240, You are thinking of the smaller one. The 4 cyls, 4512, 475 and 490 have wet disc brakes same as MF 168/ 188. Never saw trailer brakes on the ones I drove. Would agree with you on the horrible tractor to drive, you would want legs like a giraffe to reach the pedals, but they gave good enough service to some stock farmers for handy money. The 2812 3 cyl had drum brakes like a 135, think the 3512 had the wet disc brakes like the 4512 but I could be wrong.

Ya your probably right about the brakes.

Never knew you could get a 2812 ours is a 3512 and is 3 cylinder.

Ya they were cheap and were fine for tipping around.

Don't think I'd advise buying second hand though.

I don't know the answer about the brakes either...but when you consider that the Masseys they are based on never had brakes, it seems likely that they don't either... :undecided:

JF is on the money I think on the brakes anyway! Wet disc like on a 168.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions on the other points. [emoji106]

Ya Nash, tell 'him' cough cough to buy a proper tractor. :whistle:

I know a Landini[emoji106], nothing untoward here like you are suggesting [emoji33][emoji14]

I was asked by someone over the past few days if the Ursus Mercury range so a 4512 or 475 had trailer brakes?

I don't think they did but wanted to check.

Also is the lift capacity boosted with assistor rams and I'm nearly sure they had one of those.

Thanks.

Their like travellers Nash,they shouldn't be let into your yard:no::scared::speechless:

Had a look at the 3512 today jf 850 your right wet disc brakes.

You are so delighted that you would run out and buy another one. Still no sign of the tyre for the trailer ? Seems no-one keeps anything in stock for the last couple of years, no-one can afford to with the banks tightening up on credit.

It's like new! Even the inside of the cab. But, if I was spending that kind of money on a tractor, I'd be off looking for a very respectable 390.....

You'd have to believe it was on taxi duty to be honest!

It must be one of the very last of them too before emissions ended that style being imported.

At that money forget your 390 and look for a nice NH 6635.:thumbup:

Never know the 450 came in 4wd.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ursus-mercury-450/17508604

MWQzMTRlOGNlMGZlN2U2MDFlYzliY2U4OWVjNTYyZTauw0fc8_vkDk9d__Jno4MMaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MDkyODU2NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Talking about Ursus I recall reading a chapter in a book by a former MF engineer who was involved in what MF called "The Polish Project" or the manufacture of Massey Ferguson designs in Poland by Ursus.

Maintaining quality was difficult due to the Ursus engineers disregarding MF manufacturing procedures and taking short cuts. Ursus would ignore engineering changes and revised drawings issued from Banner Lane leading to quality problems later on. There were similar problems with components made for Zetor by Ursus

Back