Website

G

guest 1

I had a website on and off going back over the last ten years, but between one thing and another I haven't had one for the last couple of years. I'm using a Facebook page but think a dedicated website mightn't be any harm as well. Where should I be looking for packages to build my own site and for hosting, and what should I be paying. It won't be anything overly complicated just 4 or 5 pages of info and a few pics. Cheers.

How does that work? There's no such thing as a free lunch, I presume your website would be littered with ads for God knows what?

Im using weebly too,i priced a local lad here,and he registered the web name for me,it costs about €30 a year or that and was all set to get him to do the site untill he mentioned about €1200!!!! I would of being willing to spend about half that,untill a good friend is after starting a cordial company and asked me to check out his new site,
www.richmountcordials.ie
Minute i seen it i said something like this would suit me.
Extremely easy to set up,its all copy and paste,
Now mine isnt spectacular but it does the job,in total to get set up it took me two or three evenings and a total of €70 for two years.(big differ from €1200)
I can change anything on it at any time.its very simple .
Youd be surprised the amount of people that have looked at it,and i have made a few sales off it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im using weebly too,i priced a local lad here,and he registered the web name for me,it costs about €30 a year or that and was all set to get him to do the site untill he mentioned about €1200!!!! I would of being willing to spend about half that,untill a good friend is after starting a cordial company and asked me to check out his new site,
www.richmountcordials.ie
Minute i seen it i said something like this would suit me.
Extremely easy to set up,its all copy and paste,
Now mine isnt spectacular but it does the job,in total to get set up it took me two or three evenings and a total of €70 for two years.(big differ from €1200)
I can change anything on it at any time.its very simple .
Youd be surprised the amount of people that have looked at it,and i have made a few sales off it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye the last website I had was something like that, I set it up myself, but I can't remember what software I used. I have the domain names registered alright, looking for a good deal on hosting and something to design the site. The first website I had was maybe ten years ago, it cost €3500 at the time and I think €1000 a year after that to maintain it. We were doing a lot of landscaping work at the time alright, but it was still mad money for what it was. The DIY option wasn't there in those days though.

Just on registering a domain name, a club I was involved in back in the college days set up a website and they managed to get the site name hosted for 10 years for around €50, now I couldn't tell you anymore about it or how the site was done, as Id no clue nor no interest in learning anything more about setting up the site!

Just looked it up there and their now using weebly for the site, it wasn't done through them originally, but it needed a fair knowledge of coding to change anything on it so I suspect that's why it's now done on weebly

Went with Weebly in the end, handy enough to throw something basic together. Cheers :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback lads, the general idea was to get the information across as plainly and simply as possibe :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback lads, the general idea was to get the information across as plainly and simply as possibe :thumbup:

Fine looking job that [MENTION=3007]Tippcon[/MENTION] , well shod spreader too, dissapointed that you haven't a mugshot of yourself though :whistling: ,

Fine looking job that [MENTION=3007]Tippcon[/MENTION] , well shod spreader too, dissapointed that you haven't a mugshot of yourself though :whistling: ,

It's trying to attract customers I am, not drive them screaming for the hills :D

Back