Wellingtons

Have a pair of these for the last 12 months. They have been very comfortable. Have found other wellington boot soles to gather and carry a lot of dirt and if you are in clay, the wellingtons get very heavy. But there is a better sole on these.

What weight are they? :laugh:

I've come to the conclusion that no wellies will do the same thing for two people.

Been wearing Quatros for years, never had many issues, just wear them out.
A lad was telling me today how his quatros would split round the heals within months!
Another got splits where the sides of the foot bend!
On my 3rd pair and love them, they are a bit heavy but I haven't worn anything else in 4 or 5 years more maybe... I'm not in them all day either which does help. I had to add I do feel instant comfort in them when I put them on... A pet hate of mine is farmers who do spend considerable time in wellies and just buy the cheapest pair they can why like.... The only negative I have with mine seems that when there left out in the rain they take an age to dry out, this has happened on more than one occasion 😂

Reactions: AYF
I wear puroforts, but what I found that made a big difference to them, and for any other boot, was changing the insole to a gel insole. Much more comfort.

Reactions: AYF
Purforts full safety here . Struggled to get 3 mths out of them for a good while kept splitting along the seam at the back . Last pair done 9 mths before going so they must have changed something. But for comfort I’ve tried others but always gone back to Dunlop

I wear puroforts, but what I found that made a big difference to them, and for any other boot, was changing the insole to a gel insole. Much more comfort.
they are great until you get a pebble in your boot and it goes under the insole and bursts it then your foot is sitting inside a silcone filled boot. Happened to me. Boots only fit to be thrown away then after only two years use.

For winter work these are the best. Light and comfortable with excellent grip. Way too warm for summer wear.
Don’t mind the price, they can be bought for €35.

I’ve leather lined Le Chameau and those cheap ones are better for winter work.

Anyone wear "techno boots" , Dunlop actifort here.yes a nook at heal, underside to hold dirt & a heavier welly, better mileage in em than purofort & only €40

To go along with the wellies I'd recommend these merino wool socks, some difference from the gaa socks I used to wear.

Has anyone bought stuff on Temu,seeing as it's linked above?
Is it genuine?
I bought a few bits, the price of it generally reflects the quality, if it's really cheap it's rubbish.

The socks are good quality and cheaper for what you'd pay for merino wool in the shop

Are the purofort plus worth the extra money over the standard purofort?
Yes, I find them very comfortable but the quality seems to be very variable with a pair lasting anything from a couple of weeks to a couple of months.
I recently handed a pair bank after a few weeks that were leaking around the toes,the replacement pair did the same and I handed them back as well,their replacements seem fine so far but I find theirs no lasting in them and their not exactly cheap.
I’ve tried other brands including a pair of Quattros and the co ops own brand which after the Puroforts were like dragging around a pair of concrete blocks.

Yes, I find them very comfortable but the quality seems to be very variable with a pair lasting anything from a couple of weeks to a couple of months.
I recently handed a pair bank after a few weeks that were leaking around the toes,the replacement pair did the same and I handed them back as well,their replacements seem fine so far but I find theirs no lasting in them and their not exactly cheap.
I’ve tried other brands including a pair of Quattros and the co ops own brand which after the Puroforts were like dragging around a pair of concrete blocks.
Did you not get on with the Quattros?

I have to give them a thumbs up a good sole and insole on them like the Quattros but a fraction of the weight and they’re a good fit and wearing well

Back