Wet gear

Tom19

what brand wet gear do you use the €30 portwest wet pants keep tearing on me ,I’m going through 1 every 2 months

Portwest here and the present jacket and trousers must be 3 or 4 years old now. I've worn then about the same amount of times so there plenty good for me.

Portwest here and the present jacket and trousers must be 3 or 4 years old now. I've worn then about the same amount of times so there plenty good for me.
Ya portwest probably have different ranges I don’t know how I’m flying through the,

I see the spring calving lads all singing the praises of some NZ kit. Pair of leggings at £110 put me off a bit! Or are they worth it?

We usually have the Flexothane trousers. In them every day over winter, might go through two pairs a year. Mainly over winter though.

I see the spring calving lads all singing the praises of some NZ kit. Pair of leggings at £110 put me off a bit! Or are they worth it?

We usually have the Flexothane trousers. In them every day over winter, might go through two pairs a year. Mainly over winter though.
What is the NZ kit called

Find Guy Cotton very good, apparently widely used by fishermen, picked mine up in Lisavaird coop but apparently CH Marine in Skibbereen have a bigger range and heavier duty versions available
Funny you say that I was just looking on there site there now ,can I ask what fabric is on the label of your wet pants as I know guy Cotton have multiple ranges is it nylpeche or cot coz? How long do you have them so far?

Find Guy Cotton very good, apparently widely used by fishermen, picked mine up in Lisavaird coop but apparently CH Marine in Skibbereen have a bigger range and heavier duty versions available

I am on my 3 rd Guy Cotten milking apron . Get 2 years out of them . I saw them at the ploughing first , and bought one .

I bought the current apron online , and bought a wet suit from them at the same time. I have only worn it a handful of times yet , but very happy with its ability to keep out rain.
It has a drawstring on the hood , which works very well . It's a bit stiff , if you know what I mean . And no pockets , or way into your trouser pockets are the 2 slight downsides.
I would definitely buy them again , as I have done with the apron.
I had religiously bought Flexothane for years , but found them poor lately.
I would take Portwest in preference to Flexothane.

I am on my 3 rd Guy Cotten milking apron . Get 2 years out of them . I saw them at the ploughing first , and bought one .

I bought the current apron online , and bought a wet suit from them at the same time. I have only worn it a handful of times yet , but very happy with its ability to keep out rain.
It has a drawstring on the hood , which works very well . It's a bit stiff , if you know what I mean . And no pockets , or way into your trouser pockets are the 2 slight downsides.
I would definitely buy them again , as I have done with the apron.
I had religiously bought Flexothane for years , but found them poor lately.
I would take Portwest in preference to Flexothane.
What material is written on the Guy Cotton pants nylpeche is it?

When we’re on the topic anyone recommend a good pair of wellies around the €50 mark,I’ll treat myself tis Christmas

Funny you say that I was just looking on there site there now ,can I ask what fabric is on the label of your wet pants as I know guy Cotton have multiple ranges is it nylpeche or cot coz? How long do you have them so far?

Mine are the same as @jf 850 photo (just a smaller size!!! ). Last pair lasted over a year and only changed as got damaged walking through briars. Find they don’t seem to perish like the flexotane ones

Back