What are you up to in the workshop?

Got this for my compressor project, air tank was manufactured back in 1977y.
270 l.
uploadfromtaptalk1424041950600.jpg
Wire brushed with angel grander. And sprayed with primer.

uploadfromtaptalk1424041982660.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1424042004562.jpg

Got this for my compressor project, air tank was manufactured back in 1977y.
270 l.
View attachment 26497
Wire brushed with angel grander. And sprayed with primer.

What the white stuff on the ground Mblorinser?

What is the tank like from the inside? It is a pressure vessel that may have stored water in the lower half leading to internal corrosion and possible failure.

it would seem so alright.
i tried the tig with just a brazing rod and as much as it laid it down, it did it with a right bit of protest so i wouldnt like to do too much of it.
i tried a fluxed rod with no gas but it liked that less.

one major drawback on my tig is its only dc, so no alu, which is a bit of a balls really.

i have a miller 350amp power source here, its a welder but it can also do mig, if ya had the miller suitcase.
i do have two (iirc) murex wire feeder units tho, i wonder would it be possible to wire them up together.
should be a decent kick out of 350amps on 3 phase.
but again, she is only dc and no tig function.
all she is used for at the mo is gouging if im at it.

[MENTION=324]tinman[/MENTION] you still looking for a suitcase? http://www.donedeal.ie/tools-for-sale/lincoln-ln25-wire-feeder-welder-mig/8713697?offset=7

i was watching one on e bay there and its getin dear now.
that set id be rare enough, id say its a good age by the looks of it.
il not panic yet, i have a pair of murex wire feed units here that would do the job id say, there will be tinkering involved but id be fairly sure they would work.
so i might give that a try first.
if all else fails id buy a miller suitcase then.

i learned today that murex is no more, esab bought them out and done away with the name.
it was news to me, i like their stuff so disappointed id be one word.

ive had this wee lathe in a container for the last 4 or 5 years but its too small for the work id want to be doing.
so i stuck it up on DD.
ended up that i got paid and loaded it into a transit van today thats bound for latvia.

Attachments

• IMAG5420.jpg
    IMAG5420.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 118
ive had this wee lathe in a container for the last 4 or 5 years but its too small for the work id want to be doing.
so i stuck it up on DD.
ended up that i got paid and loaded it into a transit van today thats bound for latvia.

Wow, that's one clean lathe :eek:

Wow, that's one clean lathe :eek:
it was out of a college, never coolant in it, only thing i could see was mdf dust and a few alu shavings.
in fairness to it, that pic dosent even do it justice.
its sat oiled up in a container here for a long time, i pulled it out a few months ago and ran it for the first time.
its a mint lathe, just too small for me.

i bought it as a stepping stone to a good milling machine, so thats what im after now, hard to get the right one tho at the right money, and its going to be a uk job at the best of times, but the stg is horrid bad at the mo, so i may sit tight for a bit.

tidying tonight, things have gotten out of control.

[MENTION=324]tinman[/MENTION], any suggestions where I might get a hose or fittings for my portapower? it's pretty useless as is, I'd say it's not capable of a tonne pf pressure before it starts to piss itself. to be honest I hardly use it as it just makes a mess every time.

it's a genuine blackhawk, made in USA jobbie

Attachments

• shedmess.jpg
    shedmess.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 99
  • pp1.jpg
    pp1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 95
  • pp2.jpg
    pp2.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 97
it was out of a college, never coolant in it, only thing i could see was mdf dust and a few alu shavings.
in fairness to it, that pic dosent even do it justice.
its sat oiled up in a container here for a long time, i pulled it out a few months ago and ran it for the first time.
its a mint lathe, just too small for me.

i bought it as a stepping stone to a good milling machine, so thats what im after now, hard to get the right one tho at the right money, and its going to be a uk job at the best of times, but the stg is horrid bad at the mo, so i may sit tight for a bit.

I'm sure whoever bought it will be happy, hard to find them as clean as that in fairness.

It's all time and patience really to turn up a good one, it'll come alright.

What you looking at? Tool maker friend of mine is primarily on the milling machines in the place he works, quite tidy at that in fairness :thumbup:

@tinman, any suggestions where I might get a hose or fittings for my portapower? it's pretty useless as is, I'd say it's not capable of a tonne pf pressure before it starts to piss itself. to be honest I hardly use it as it just makes a mess every time.

theres an or ring in there is there not?.

there was none in it when I got em, tried sticking in some random ones, but they seem to get damaged, I'm figuring wrong size or I'm putting them in wrong.

might look into it some more

so i stuck it up on DD.

That's one tidy looking machine :thumbup: What size spindle bore is it?

I assume the B&S has the power to run the alternator?. Some of them take a bit of driving when charging at full whack.

I think it would be more to do with RPM. And if u geared it rite u could run alternator at tick over of engine.

I could be wrong tho.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That's one tidy looking machine :thumbup: What size spindle bore is it?
iirc it was 35mm or so.

@tinman, any suggestions where I might get a hose or fittings for my portapower? it's pretty useless as is, I'd say it's not capable of a tonne pf pressure before it starts to piss itself. to be honest I hardly use it as it just makes a mess every time.

best or at least cheapest thing to do there is get new 3/8 quick release fittings hi.
the nut shouldnt really thread down that far imo, i might be wrong, but it looks wrong anyways.
had similar ones here on one and got shot of them after a while.
i use the enerpac ones but they are stupid money.

Back