What are you up to in the workshop?

I don't like embarrassing people i'm trying to stay in with but i have an electrician from bunclody researching it. he knows another man into matbros. new ones from a thread on boards.ie seem to be 600-900 euro.

Do you need the pcb though or was it there just to carry the switches?
Had this with the sprayer and just dumped the pcb.

Do you need the pcb though or was it there just to carry the switches?
Had this with the sprayer and just dumped the pcb.
the pcb provides support for the proportional valves. i read a thread on google where someone replaced a matbro joystick with the gaming kind and didn't like the results, the loader was too jerky afterward. actually i know where the 4 button wires go, it's the xy axis pcb giving the bother.

brither in law had one and somebody added a switch based joystick which offered no proportional control so we inserted a resistor in series with it I think it was 10k and it slowed it down to a useable level. Not ideal but he wasn't prepared to spend on it. I think a variable resistor would have being ideal with knob on dash to adjust the response.

brither in law had one and somebody added a switch based joystick which offered no proportional control so we inserted a resistor in series with it I think it was 10k and it slowed it down to a useable level. Not ideal but he wasn't prepared to spend on it. I think a variable resistor would have being ideal with knob on dash to adjust the response.
well there's no advantage in doing hack mods at this time. when i get a service manual i'll see what I can do. I can't just start hooking up wires randomly, i think the valve chest itself doesn't work in that way. google says 6v is off, 3v is out and 9v is in. so those loom wires must be leading to a mosfet board, not a simple relay board that could be wired up with switches.

well there's no advantage in doing hack mods at this time. when i get a service manual i'll see what I can do. I can't just start hooking up wires randomly, i think the valve chest itself doesn't work in that way. google says 6v is off, 3v is out and 9v is in. so those loom wires must be leading to a mosfet board, not a simple relay board that could be wired up with switches.
I got the manual in today and wired it up, the matbro is working again.

opened via push with nose ?
Yes opened by the animals nose . There`s springs to keep them closed as there sloped forwards. Very little pressure is needed to push the door`s in so an animal can drink . Advantage in them over the o donnell`s version of water trough that are dung proof is the opening is considerably bigger and the animal can put the whole head in when they want to drink it`s very similar to if there drinking out of a water trough in a field .

Yes opened by the animals nose . There`s springs to keep them closed as there sloped forwards. Very little pressure is needed to push the door`s in so an animal can drink . Advantage in them over the o donnell`s version of water trough that are dung proof is the opening is considerably bigger and the animal can put the whole head in when they want to drink it`s very similar to if there drinking out of a water trough in a field .
jaysus, you'll drive 'em to drink with that......:drunk::laugh:

Are these type of hitches troublesome. Would a Dromone cost much and would ''this hitch have a secondhand value . I think I will have to take it off to repair it because all the pins are held in with plates welded across .
IMG_3656.JPG IMG_3657.JPG IMG_3659.JPG

Going back the years 35+ the old deutz dxs had a serious backend on them think they had a steyr backend, they had a serious hitch on them and a draw bar like none other I've seen

Going back the years 35+ the old deutz dxs had a serious backend on them think they had a steyr backend, they had a serious hitch on them and a draw bar like none other I've seen
Yep a styer back end and transaxle but they actually had a different hitch to that fitted to any styer with the same back end, as the draft setup and top covers were different on both makes

Is that a Bill Bennett hitch Bog Man? Can the parts for it be got from them perhaps to rebuild it?
I was gona say a bill bennet too and if it is it’s not the first one I’ve heard of being taken off, and I think for a similar reason to your picks above @Bog Man but can’t be certain

I might ring the previous owner as I think he had some bother with it . We can fix it up ourselves but if it keeps giving bother I would put a Dromone on it . Are the hitches that use the chains off the forklift any good?

I might ring the previous owner as I think he had some bother with it . We can fix it up ourselves but if it keeps giving bother I would put a Dromone on it . Are the hitches that use the chains off the forklift any good?
My cousin has had them on two new massey tractors and they never gave trouble. I'd be afraid of the chain seizing or growing longer but apart from that there's no issue.

Back