What are you up to in the workshop?

There is a fuel issue on the 6490, changed the filters, now fixing a little weep from the tank outlet, but think the electric diesel lift pump is the issue.
About €500+V, not nice.IMG_20171020_123019.jpgIMG_20171020_123030.jpgIMG_20171020_123041.jpgIMG_20171020_123151.jpgIMG_20171020_123049.jpgIMG_20171020_123054.jpg

There is a fuel issue on the 6490, changed the filters, now fixing a little weep from the tank outlet, but think the electric diesel lift pump is the issue.
About €500+V, not nice.

I have found
all sensors nowadays are €100
small half important bits €500
and medium stuff is all priced at €2000

One would wonder if these prices are set a brain conscience levels so we dont take enough heed of the actual price?

I had it ordered and needed to be back going for Monday morning, so coughed up the extortion money to MF and I'm back going again. Thanks @headcase will keep that contact if I need it again.
The seal on the 3/8th tail piece from the tank was leaking and probably contributed to the pump failing, MF wanted €16+V for a new plactic tail piece without the seal, :scratchhead:, I got a replacement seal and a roll of PTFE tape for €1 and that worked fine.
IMG_20171021_165814.jpg IMG_20171021_165810.jpg IMG_20171021_165806.jpg

Anyone opened up the flex of a concrete vibrater?
The one we have a lend of has stopped working. Can feel the inside turn till the end bit. Worth fixin?

Finaly finished shuttering the grainstore today. Been using two brands of cement. And noticed the diferent setting rates and colour.
So went and had a look on the bags.
Anyone ever studied the small print?
Seems theres CHEM 1 and CHEM 2 cement.
Seems chem 1 is basically pure cement. And 2 has more extras in ot lime ash and various other gear!
Chem 1 was setting much faster and looked whiter vs the chem 2.

This was the best stuff
http://www.dragonalfacement.com
And it was a good bit cheaper than Castle cement which is Chem 2.

Just found it interesting!

Isnt it just a cable turning
A spring Im told. Spoke to the neighbour about it. Told me to leave it. He has borrowed pleanty off us in the past. And reconed if it hadnt happened to us it would just have happened next time he used it. If he ever uses it again! Hadn't done the last 10 years anyway!
Good neighbours!

A spring Im told. Spoke to the neighbour about it. Told me to leave it. He has borrowed pleanty off us in the past. And reconed if it hadnt happened to us it would just have happened next time he used it. If he ever uses it again! Hadn't done the last 10 years anyway!
Good neighbours!
The hire firm here don't bother with them if they stop, haven't heard what's inside though.

The one dog here used to try and pick it up if it was left going on the ground, quite interesting to watch that was!!!:wacko:

Fine trailer. What length Is she? Looks to be very evenly balance on the axles - is she light on the tractor?
27ft yeah it looks that way doesn't it should be ok I hope the position of the axles are the same as another trailer we have and that's perfect.
The way it is now was able to replace the airbags with springs so should make it nice to pull

The hire firm here don't bother with them if they stop, haven't heard what's inside though.

The one dog here used to try and pick it up if it was left going on the ground, quite interesting to watch that was!!!:wacko:
Whats become of ur baler Win?

On a major shed tidy at home at the moment, had to relocate all the stuff that has been in the house for years into the shed which prompted me installing some storage that I picked up a few months back.

An issue created is that there are now pretty shelves on the wall where I used store all my steel stock. Some of it was able to go up onto said shelves but the small stuff was proving a problem. I had thrown it under a bench but that wasnt a solution either as everything is on top of each other.

Came up with this trolley that will park in the same spot and carry small pieces of sheet on the back, really short bits in the tub and then three shelf areas for lengths. I need to add the second shelf, some more mesh and paint but I think it'll work a treat.

Every time I add something to the shed I need a pretty major restructuring job because it's so small, but I think I'm approaching the limits of what i can reasonably fit in a 13x20x8 garage

Attachments

• DSC_0746.JPG
    DSC_0746.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_0744.JPG
    DSC_0744.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC_0745.JPG
    DSC_0745.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC_0743.JPG
    DSC_0743.JPG