What are you up to in the workshop?

Yea it would probably be easier that way, and to remove the tension springs u just loose the two 13mm bolts ?

Yea it would probably be easier that way, and to remove the tension springs u just loose the two 13mm bolts ?
TBH I can't rightly remember, I do remember having to put R clips through to hold the tension while taking off the side plate and having to have them back in place to get it all back together again, it would need to turn by hand after removing the R clips on reassembly.

View attachment 52900 Seeing that it's too wet to do much else outside and the ploughing is finished in decided it was a good time to wash, grease, oil and hibernate the plough. One less thing to do when weather takes up.
MF30
View attachment 52899
Spent this afternoon working on my own plough getting it ready for whenever the weather takes up. Some may think I'm mad but I've modified the Rabe to take KV shares now. Sick and tired of the prices of Rabe stuff. 120 odd euro for genuine or 65 last time I got aftermarket shares each. Simple enough procedure. Just notch out 3 of the 4 holes with the gas and build up the originals with the welder. I've it ground back and when a bit of rust comes on no-one will ever know the difference. Must get a picture tomorrow.

Sanderum springs!

Have you all new metal on it MF30!
New boards in 2012 and new shares, skimmer tips, landslides and points at the start of this year. Genuine Kv parts seem to last better alright but they'd want to as they're not cheap. :sweat:
MF30

New boards in 2012 and new shares, skimmer tips, landslides and points at the start of this year. Genuine Kv parts seem to last better alright but they'd want to as they're not cheap. :sweat:
MF30

What did you weld on the back of the landslides?

Did you cut the old ones in two?

We must have had different landslides before as you could bolt old tops to them but had to weld them on one end with the new ones.

You have put a few pieces in the back one I see!

We must have had different landslides before as you could bolt old tops to them but had to weld them on one end with the new ones.

The short landslides come with a wearing outside plate and the long landslides have small outer extra wearing plates, all bolt on. I add a bit of weld as I lost one before. Before I changed the landslides for new ones I used to weld two worn points side by side and weld these onto the old landslides as extra meat. Literally wore them paper thin! There are triangular landslides available also but this is the way this plough came here. If you had an old bit of flat lorry spring steel that'd be fine to weld on as extra wearing metal.
MF30

Every Rabe owner will be out butchering their plough come next wet day! That worked out well, luckily the general dimensions were close.
That'll save a few euro over the years, are Rabe points dearer than KV points- think KV points are €4.50 + vat.
MF30

Every Rabe owner will be out butchering their plough come next wet day! That worked out well, luckily the general dimensions were close.
That'll save a few euro over the years, are Rabe points dearer than KV points- think KV points are €4.50 + vat.
MF30
I'd say I'm probably not the first to do that mf. Lucky the dimensions were close enough for a quick touch of the gas to sort out. Spurious points are 12 apiece and genuine are or were 25 a piece :eek3:. The discs beat all. There only available genuine and are a whopping 120 euro. Think that's plus the vat as well. Robbing hoors. It is a good plough and it does do good work but its pricey come metal time.

Yea non genuine ones ya can bolt on old tips. Genuine you have to buy special pieces for them. I just weld on flat to them. Got heavy duty landslides this time off Mick Roche. They a lot thicker than the standard and as far as I remember they are €2 cheaper than genuine ones. May see how they last.

Got an old teagle xt48 here. Not worth big money. So had the bright idea of converting it into a creep feeder filler.
As it's a double hopper I'd cut out the bottom slides and put the auger through the bottom. And fabricate some form of plating underneath to take the creep to the auger from both sides.
Try too make some form of flap to get the remains of the creep out when needed.

Any reason it would not work??

Yea non genuine ones ya can bolt on old tips. Genuine you have to buy special pieces for them. I just weld on flat to them. Got heavy duty landslides this time off Mick Roche. They a lot thicker than the standard and as far as I remember they are €2 cheaper than genuine ones. May see how they last.

I was looking at some older ones here earlier in the scrap pile, they are Bellotas alright.

The 2wd honda quad is hard set to travel in the muck and snow, new tires all round. has anyone ever seen one with a welded diff? is it a good job or does it destroy the bearings and hubs?

Just noticed the vice grips in the background. Smaller things than I thought after getting scale.
Ultra heavy duty tine bushings!

Back