What are you up to in the workshop?

Would a wooden gate do the job, is there any sawmills nearby, they would sell you a few boards for very little money
That's going to be today's job I think. Bound to be less than steel. Won't last as well but then won't need to.

Will changeing a 22.5 wheel size on an artic trailer down to 19.5 wheel something like 455/45r19.5
Bring down the height much ? Or will the way the chassis and axel set up still leave it heigh ?

Tia .

Will changeing a 22.5 wheel size on an artic trailer down to 19.5 wheel something like 455/45r19.5
Bring down the height much ? Or will the way the chassis and axel set up still leave it heigh ?

Tia .
About 3" lower, low profile super singles on the 22.5 rims is another option leaves it 1.5" lower.
The 19.5 will look totally lost under the trailer unless you modify the suspension or where the axles are welded

About 3" lower, low profile super singles on the 22.5 rims is another option leaves it 1.5" lower.
The 19.5 will look totally lost under the trailer unless you modify the suspension or where the axles are welded

Thats what i was wondering about the gap that would be left from top of wheel to under trailer . Are the contentinal trailers thats originaly on 19.5’s axels mounted different

Thats what i was wondering about the gap that would be left from top of wheel to under trailer . Are the contentinal trailers thats originaly on 19.5’s axels mounted different
Would you be able to fit the smaller wheels over the brakes?

Agri gear says that the rims are a straight swap .

New 16ton spring kit is 600€ doesnt sound expensive .

could try ij trailerspares, find him cheaper tha any place for trailer stuff, not sure how far he delivers

fintona co tyrone but does deiver, supplies trailer manufactures and public can buy at the same or very close to price as them-u get it at what the like of nugent etc pay for it, nice firm also now doing tyres for tractors. http://ijtrailerspares.com/, was hoping that was a link

Agri gear says that the rims are a straight swap .

New 16ton spring kit is 600€ doesnt sound expensive .

Why do you want springs under it ? You aren't likely to be doing 50 k.
A sprung draw bar would be nearly essential though.

Whatever about converting an artic , making a trailer of that type from scratch , would be a lot of work for the potential savings possible.
Why don't you pm @diesel power and @laoisfarmer , both who have convertedtrailers , for a guide to what it would cost.

Whatever about converting an artic , making a trailer of that type from scratch , would be a lot of work for the potential savings possible.

I was thinking the very same tbh, there is a hell of a lot of heavy and expensive work involved in making a trailer of that size from scratch.
If you want new, its best left to the professionals that are at it every day and have the facilities and equipment for such a job IMO.
It may cost more, but at least you have a branded, plated/certified trailer at the end, which has been properly blasted and painted.
If you are alone, converting an artic will take up plenty of winter evenings.

Im wanting to put a euro Q/A headstock on the little ih475 loader to make the impliments fit both tractors . Whats best way of building up these holes ? Or would i just be as well fitting bigger pins ?

Attachments

• 22D4824A-C25E-4F3C-87A9-E4F4E58ACDDA.jpeg
    22D4824A-C25E-4F3C-87A9-E4F4E58ACDDA.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 85
  • 374B765B-3D87-429D-91FE-CBC5A5205128.jpeg
    374B765B-3D87-429D-91FE-CBC5A5205128.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 77
  • 7C56DAFA-9649-4C36-BBBF-3E198D97A793.jpeg
    7C56DAFA-9649-4C36-BBBF-3E198D97A793.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 29A8DA3E-26E7-445A-8902-E80E6AF9CCA7.jpeg
    29A8DA3E-26E7-445A-8902-E80E6AF9CCA7.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 81
Im wanting to put a euro Q/A headstock on the little ih475 loader to make the impliments fit both tractors . Whats best way of building up these holes ? Or would i just be as well fitting bigger pins ?
Clamp a deacent lump of copper behind the hole and fill it up with weld might take a while with that size of hole or could u get 2 bushes made up for them maybe

I'd be going the welded in bush route, depending on the dimensions of the Q/A there might be scope to tap them for a grease nipple.

It might be an idea to pick @JohnBoy s brains ? He put a euro QA on a Ford loader on his 4600. At least look at his picture thread.

It might make sense to shorten those side plates where the holes you mention are located , to get weight in nearer the tractor ?

It might be an idea to pick @JohnBoy s brains ? He put a euro QA on a Ford loader on his 4600. At least look at his picture thread.

It might make sense to shorten those side plates where the holes you mention are located , to get weight in nearer the tractor ?
Especially as the q/a will drive the implement out even further
Bit of work in that though, you are into moving the tipping rams too

What diameter are those holes at the moment?

Take a look at my pics in either the 4600 or pallet forks threads. There can be a bit of figuring involved. My recommendation would be to buy your headstock and then cut a bit of plywood in the shape of the end of the headstock and start playing around with it at lowered and raised, and set the fully back and fully forward positions to see how it all looks. Ply is a lot lighter for playing around than the headstock

Back