What are you up to in the workshop?

how do you like the 12?had you a 10 before?
what sort of money are the covering tines?
This is the first Lemken harrow we have had, only ever had Rabe and Kverneland harrows. I must say I am very impressed with the Lemken especially the drill, it does an excellent job. I didn’t price the covering tines don’t think they would be expensive.

Having a problem with the quickie cable control on loader - The sleeve keeps sliding in and out of the holder. I'm afraid to over tighten it in case I wring the bolt - I haven't opened it fully yet but that's next step - I do remember a little spring washer or something in there. Is there some wearing part that can be replaced to hold the outer sleeve in place
Inkedspool block_LI.jpg

Having a problem with the quickie cable control on loader - The sleeve keeps sliding in and out of the holder. I'm afraid to over tighten it in case I wring the bolt - I haven't opened it fully yet but that's next step - I do remember a little spring washer or something in there. Is there some wearing part that can be replaced to hold the outer sleeve in place
View attachment 59127
Open the 2 bolts and the collar is in 2 pieces . There is a metal ring similar to a circlip (snap ring) that's supposed to be tight on a groove on the cable . When both parts of the collar are together the ring is held between them . Either the groove on the cable is worn or the snap ring is worn . Rub of a hacksaw blade will improve the groove on the cable . Careful tightening the Allen key bolts very prone to shearing. Have experience of doing that :( .

New axle going on the cattle box today . Spot what's wrong with the new axle . ( hint hubs are level with each other at the other side )

Attachments

• IMG_5539.JPG
    IMG_5539.JPG
    341.3 KB · Views: 139
Open the 2 bolts and the collar is in 2 pieces . There is a metal ring similar to a circlip (snap ring) that's supposed to be tight on a groove on the cable . When both parts of the collar are together the ring is held between them . Either the groove on the cable is worn or the snap ring is worn . Rub of a hacksaw blade will improve the groove on the cable . Careful tightening the Allen key bolts very prone to shearing. Have experience of doing that :( .
Thanks do you know if you can replace the snap ring?

New axle going on the cattle box today . Spot what's wrong with the new axle . ( hint hubs are level with each other at the other side )
Outside face measurement is the only way to measure axles, and it looks like someone got it wrong
The new drum looks like 200, vs 250 in the old one, but that might just be the pic.

Inside the brake plate is where they told us to measure it . Original is 2mtr and one they sent down was 1.975 .(inside measurement) Thing is its the dealer we bought the box from we got the axle from . Replaced the other axle last year and they sent down the right one . Well this smaller axle is gone under the trailer now its needed for thursday and they dont have the axle we needed and could take a week or more to get it .
Outside face measurement is the only way to measure axles, and it looks like someone got it wrong
The new drum looks like 200, vs 250 in the old one, but that might just be the pic.

Inside the brake plate is where they told us to measure it . Original is 2mtr and one they sent down was 1.975 .(inside measurement) Thing is its the dealer we bought the box from we got the axle from . Replaced the other axle last year and they sent down the right one . Well this smaller axle is gone under the trailer now its needed for thursday and they dont have the axle we needed and could take a week or more to get it .
To make up the half inch shortfall would it be possible to use longer studs in the drum and fit 12mm spacer plates between the wheel and the drum? Stranger things have been done!

If it came to it possibly it could be done . But i`d say the axle would be swapped for the correct one instead .
To make up the half inch shortfall would it be possible to use longer studs in the drum and fit 12mm spacer plates between the wheel and the drum? Stranger things have been done!

new axle looks light, measure the stub ends, some of these are well light and shear. pity bardley are gone out of business, they used make a savage axle

Old axle sheared inside the inside bearing . Its 1800kg axle same as came off it . 50mm solid steel are its dimensions .
new axle looks light, measure the stub ends, some of these are well light and shear. pity bardley are gone out of business, they used make a savage axle

Old axle sheared inside the inside bearing . Its 1800kg axle same as came off it . 50mm solid steel are its dimensions .

its the stub from the 50mm solid bar is the issue. think those ones are 34mm(used constantly shear these), bardley ones are 43mm(never sheared one since changing all axles), Think avonride took over bradley. or maybe it was knott

Id near say its a 43 shaft that was shearded must look in the morning .
its the stub from the 50mm solid bar is the issue. think those ones are 34mm(used constantly shear these), bardley ones are 43mm(never sheared one since changing all axles), Think avonride took over bradley. or maybe it was knott

If it came to it possibly it could be done . But i`d say the axle would be swapped for the correct one instead .
Oh, as long as they'll take back the wrong axle after you using it I wouldn't bother extending anything. I thought you were stuck with it once fitted. Best check that first though!

Back