What are you up to in the workshop?

Iv done few car head lights used loads of grits of sandpaper think 600 up to 3000 and kept water sprayed on them as i went . Turned out a great job . Whats in the kit ?

Iv done few car head lights used loads of grits of sandpaper think 600 up to 3000 and kept water sprayed on them as i went . Turned out a great job . Whats in the kit ?
A tube of cutting compound and a polishing mop to go in the drill, also 2 double sided pads giving 4 different grits for dealing with stubborn areas which I didn't have to use, plenty left over to do the same job a few more times.

That is 6 years old, I bought a second, brushless one a couple of months ago. I have hitachi cordless tools for nearly 8 years now and the brushes in that grinder and 1 faulty battery are the only issues I have had. The grinder got a good bit of abuse, my brother borrowed it a good bit till he bought his own. I am waiting on a set on long reach security spline drives so I can have a look inside the battery, I think it is only a bad connection?

Got my few bits galvanized.

I want to paint the door so treating it with an etching agent to ensure the paint adheres to the new galvanize.

It blackens the surface and makes it slightly grippier.

Just brush it on and wash off with water a few minutes later. It’s a mix of two acids.
Acetone would do the same thing I think.

D8C790D0-E587-41DB-A4DD-73797D70B4A1.jpeg 3A5EF01A-D903-48D2-AAF7-DDD156E6E09E.jpeg 6165A518-837E-4367-9AF7-65B01E9F0B89.jpeg

Picked this up in us this week. Absolutely brilliant. Bit that was throwing up dust grinding its way through the hole after sharpening pulling out shards of steel. Have a bench grinder but could never consistently achieve this result, less than a minute per bit.

Attachments

• IMG_0132.JPG
    IMG_0132.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 127
Wired up new lights onto the cleaner loader. Two shining down into the trailer and two into the chains. One shining up and one down. Most of our beet is loaded in the yard which is lit up but sometimes you be down the bottom of the yard where light is not plenty so these will give a great help as a lot of our beet does be loaded in the evenings and nights due to work.
Also have all the bearings in the rollers done so everyone of them are turning freely. Did a few when I got it first 3 years ago so some where grand but some where getting bad and some even fell off last year as the bearings completely fell apart. All should be good for a nice few years now

9BABE859-20C1-4158-87FE-3507EE853A4D.png

Want a lazy way to light the sheep handling shed.
Spotted some LED festoon lights at the local builders merchants.
But they were 110volt. I asked if they could get them in at 240v
No was the answer from the manufacturer, however the man on the phone did say...
Simply stick a 240v plug on it. LED's are self regulating so will work fine.

Is that correct?
Don't want to blow £50 (litterally!!)

No was the answer from the manufacturer, however the man on the phone did say...

Is that correct?

Get 2 and wire them in series

Is that correct?
https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/pe...MI-qPDyurj3gIVleFRCh0_QgPwEAQYAyABEgLK3fD_BwE

:Thumbp2:

Is that correct?
I wouldnt fancy that plan tbh, if they were suitable for both 110 and 240. the manufacturers would say so.
A transformer might be a worthwhile investment, there is probably a reason why they are not available in 240, given the way they will be in situ

LEDs and minimum shadow do not belong in the same sentence I'm afraid. I find them very shadowy.
Hence the bulb every few meters idea. Get light from all sides.
Lots of old beams in the roof too so putting up flood lights would make shadows

Hi lads
My Ford focus was been parked up for a few weeks, one of the rear drum brakes has seized on, tried driving around the yard tonight to free it but abs light came on, I assume because it detected that the wheel wasn't moving, what's the best way of freeing it up, big hammer?

Hi lads
My Ford focus was been parked up for a few weeks, one of the rear drum brakes has seized on, tried driving around the yard tonight to free it but abs light came on, I assume because it detected that the wheel wasn't moving, what's the best way of freeing it up, big hammer?

Yep,hit the tyre with a fencing maul.

For some reason my freelander has spells of the rear brakes seizing,despite new shoes and cables.

Back