What are you up to in the workshop?

The cranked 9 hole bar came here on a corn drill and I guess the crank is to help keep the bar level when reversing into implement, the weight keeps it swinging level. Don't think I've ever used it, it's probably a collector's item if a lad was into that.
My plasma cutter is Lidls finest, I mentioned it on a thread somewhere here. It cost €130 and can cut 10mm. Got a box of 60 tips for it from China recently for €25, they're slightly shorter than original tips but work grand.
Would I be right in guessing the one next to the cranked one belongs to a ring roller?

Got fed up looking for/falling over top links etc so got a ten foot scaffold bar, welded a number of ten mm rebar onto it and bolted it to the wall. Its bolted on both outsides and one in the middle. Rebar is slotted into holes that I plasma cut out and then welded in for extra strength. Rebar ends are 7 ft from the ground so no fear of spiking an eyeball on one. Cost €3 for bolts and half an hour to make and fit.
View attachment 71426
Did something similar but just drilled holes in the wall and hammered in 9 inch lengths of rebar, tippex the toplinks for the tractor they belong to.

While im in process of makeing a q/a frame for this i was thinking it i choped the arms off at bottom and made them straight and moved rams to straight above them ? Or is there any pros or cons to doin this ? Or would i be best leaveing as is and just put a place down on bottom and bore new holes as old ones gone elongated ?
I was thinking of moving them in cause it will be easier to makw the mounting plates on the q/a line up better

Attachments

• 08F19C84-3743-4B0D-AD85-537348363817.jpeg
    08F19C84-3743-4B0D-AD85-537348363817.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 8F6BDD6B-55C8-48D8-AB6E-ED8BF3352B7C.jpeg
    8F6BDD6B-55C8-48D8-AB6E-ED8BF3352B7C.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 3B6C3EFA-4FAD-4BF2-B064-96674DCDABD7.jpeg
    3B6C3EFA-4FAD-4BF2-B064-96674DCDABD7.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 98
Gets to be a lot of work though. I have the t shirt

One benefit though is reducing the length.

The loader at the moment is designed to wrap around a bucket, catching it around a quarter ways forward.

Now with the hitch you're pushing the bucket a long ways forward again. On a smaller tractor that could be a problem.

I had some rust in my loader due to it being stored in a ditch for about 10 years so it actually suited to shorten it

Got fed up looking for/falling over top links etc so got a ten foot scaffold bar, welded a number of ten mm rebar onto it and bolted it to the wall. Its bolted on both outsides and one in the middle. Rebar is slotted into holes that I plasma cut out and then welded in for extra strength. Rebar ends are 7 ft from the ground so no fear of spiking an eyeball on one. Cost €3 for bolts and half an hour to make and fit.
View attachment 71426

Disappointed there is no bits from a MF30 there :scared:

Do'nt know about the material.
But why not make if the cone type? Less scraping samples out.
Borrowed a cone last time it was a disaster for me anyway. A lot of stones in our ground so with cone you’d go down get blocked and try again blocked again but now you have 2 x 2” samples in the cone so results skewed. With this I only save if I get a proper core of 6-8”

If I wanted an electric towel rail to hang wet coats on. But only wanted it on for say an hour at a time occasionally. Could it be done.

So not on a timer to regularly come on (as with most standard rails) but to just come on for an hour when I come in and flick the switch.

Back