What are you up to in the workshop?

There are hydraulic quick connecters going into the crossmember of our JD loader (h310) the type that need a collar presding with a screwdriver to release.

One of them seems to like popping off if I dump too quickly (not stupid quick either!)

Done it twice this week.
Pops back in and no leeks.
Everything appears to be in place in terms of rings and seals.
Not even 3k hours on the tractor yet.

Any ideas of cause? Just wear?

Had anyone converted such connecters to standard?

Just replace, in 13k hrs of constant loader work I have done with them, they dont give issues

Doing a lot of home jobs at the moment, same as everyone I suppose.

We removed a "raised flower bed" full of 8 foot tall shrubs and briars over the winter. Plan was to replant with beech when the weather came good. Well when the weather picked up I was flat out with covid prep at work so only getting around to doing anything now. I was hoping to be planting by now and was gonna run a few strands of whit tape behind the trees to deter the neighbours horses.

Well I'm obviously behind schedule and he wants to put horses in next week. The boundary is an earth bank about 2.5 foot tall. My plan for now is to put a mini post and rail fence at the back of the raised bed right against the bank which will effectively raise the top rail to 5.5 feet above the field.

I thought conventional posts and rails would look a bit heavy at half height so I'm going with 3x2 posts on 4 foot centres and 3x1 rails.

I couldn't get pressure treated fir/larch from my usual source as they're closed so I just got rough sawn and we're lashing on the protim.

It only has to stand a few years until the beech is well established but the beech might not get planted till the autumn at the current rate.

It's more of a visual deterrent than aiming to be actually horse proof. Theres a few runs of white tape a few feet back in the field

Attachments

• 20200409_174156-01.jpeg
    20200409_174156-01.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 20200409_192510-01.jpeg
    20200409_192510-01.jpeg
    438.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 20200409_181911-01.jpeg
    20200409_181911-01.jpeg
    524.7 KB · Views: 102
Rossmore bucket ? Looks like our one we have here its takein a few knocks
Yep rossmore bucket . Lads got the tractor stuck. Decided to use the bucket to try push the tractor back bucket just crumbled.15yr old quicke bucket would take the same abuse with out flinching.

Whats best way when dealing with wiring on tractor truck or the likes to join 3 wires together? I was doing them by putting two in one side of crimp on butt connector and one in other side but even with the yellow heat shrink connectors its hard to fit them . Whats other way ? And still have it water tight ?

Back