What sprayer

Once you've used hydraulic fold would be very hard to use a manual especially small fields and a few Esb poles thrown in for good luck not to mention booms running forward and backward on hills.
The old sprayer here has those manual feckin booms and like that on hills the damn things used swing forward or backwards. The solution was a pair of vise grips to clamp down the breakback and that stopped the annoyance of booms not staying put.

If I was in the market for a newer sprayer and had the tractor to lift it and didn't mind manual folding, I'd be seriously considering this sprayer.

https://www.donedeal.ie/otherfarmmachinery-for-sale/case-gem-sprayer/15424818?campaign=3

Lovely sprayer.
What sort of age is this sprayer and what is it worth?
The reason I ask would like to update mine and have seen a Kuhn 15 m hydraulic booms, electric on off,50 acres per year not used since 2013 but made 2001 tidy condition but too old?

What sort of age is this sprayer and what is it worth?
The reason I ask would like to update mine and have seen a Kuhn 15 m hydraulic booms, electric on off,50 acres per year not used since 2013 but made 2001 tidy condition but too old?

I would think it's around 2001 or so and given what similar Hardi/Berthouds make it's probably worth around 4k, I would think.

2001 is a very new sprayer to me! :laugh: considering we are still using a 1986 Hardi here!

Would spares be got for a Kuhn of that age or are they interchangeable with another brand?

A 1986 hardi could be better than some of the cheap holes sold in recent years.
A sprayer is unlikely to wear out completely so parts availability long term is a big plus

A 1986 hardi could be better than some of the cheap holes sold in recent years.
A sprayer is unlikely to wear out completely so parts availability long term is a big plus

I'd agree with that but not to tarnish all with the same brush, some of the Italian sprayers have Arag controls for example.

I would think it's around 2001 or so and given what similar Hardi/Berthouds make it's probably worth around 4k, I would think.

2001 is a very new sprayer to me! :laugh: considering we are still using a 1986 Hardi here!

Would spares be got for a Kuhn of that age or are they interchangeable with another brand?
Had a look at a neighbours machine not exactly the same model but probably a lot of this the same,the thing that I noticed straight away was the strength of the booms,probably weigh the same as the whole of my jarmet sprayer and if you put the 2 together even though it is a 96 model it would look a lot newer. I fancy its easy to swap certain things these days it's just knowing someone who can give some sound advice if you have a problem, my main concern is the electric box if it became problematic its age may mean it aint fixable so a new one would be £1200 or a manual control would be 350ish.
The machine is a couple of hours away so its a day out to see it.

Last edited:
Fwiw.
Self propelled would be Artec. 4 or 5k tank.
250hp Deutz engine with Fendt vario.
Aluminium booms in front or behind.
Local crowd make the booms here... used on the former Blanchard (now Kuhn) and Evrard. Those booms are built to last...will withstand some hedgecutting without any bother. Have yet to see welding on them...
(Google Artec pulvé).

Trailed would have to be Kuhn (formerly Blanchard), with tank sizes up to 8k litres and aluminium booms made by the same crowd as Artec. Bulletproof and built to last.

Berthoud and Hardi booms are made from recycled Cola cans...

What is the make of boom that is used on the Kuhn, Artec & Evrard?

If anyone spots something around 1k litre 15mtr booms max and really would prefer vertical folding booms let me know thanks

Have 1k but manual fold Hardi 12m. Hydraulic raise lower. I'd assume though your looking for hydraulic fold?

Back