What sprayer

I changed last year from a 12m mounted to a 21m trailed. Backing into corners is not as easy of course but it still touches ground or crop at one side and the other up in the air, mainly on headlands. There is a tilt ram on it so you need to be on the lever at all times ready to give it a touch up or down.
One thing is I would find it impossible to keep it as low as 500mm above crop, I would normally have it up at 800mm to have any hope of keeping it off the crop.
There must be something wrong with the booms if you can’t work at 500m. I have been operating trailed sprayers for more than twenty years and never had a problem working at 500m. Is there some kind of a damper on the booms to stop them seesawing?

I hate messing with manual booms, gate valves for booms etc in the field as I know the chemicals are dangerous to ones health. I would like to buy some that I can unfold booms/reset from the cab, switch on the sections from the cab and adjust boom height also. What brands do those things at an affordable price? Solano Eco sprayer on DoneDeal is advertised at Round 6.2k stg. Is that as good as it gets.

There must be something wrong with the booms if you can’t work at 500m. I have been operating trailed sprayers for more than twenty years and never had a problem working at 500m. Is there some kind of a damper on the booms to stop them seesawing?
I spray a few corn fields that are a bit like a golf course, with so many humps and hollows. No matter how good booms are some fields are a nightmare to spray. One field requires me to go at half speed and be ready to manually adjust booms with hydraulic as i hit a flat strip with hump on left side of boom and hollow at other side.

There is dampers on the booms, the issue is not booms seesawing, it’s perfect out the field but on the headland run a dip in one tramline of a very small amount will have the tip of a boom on the ground 10.5m out.
My spraying tractor won’t hold the boom height, it drops slowly so I have to close a ball valve on the hose out the back window before starting. If it was able to hold the height I could drop them for the field but turning at the headland would still be a risk.
Best idea I ever saw was a SP sprayer that when you turn off the spray to the booms they automatically kick up for the headland turn.

https://www.donedeal.ie/fertiliserspreaders-for-sale/rau/24148455

Anyone know anything about them. I've never even heard of the brand before

I think they are part of Kvernland now. I had a mounted Rau for about 10 years. 1000 L and 15 M . The booms were fairly light and the nozzles not very well protected. They folded nicely and the boom suspension and self levelling worked well. The electric solenoids controlling the flow to the boom sections started giving trouble so I changed.

Anyone ever consider sprayers with aluminum booms?
I’ve a Blanchard (now owned and marketed as Kuhn) with 24m booms that are seriously well built. The self-leveling is excellent and fast to adjust because they’re so light. They’re also extremely strong and are well able for some ‘hedge cutting’ without ever needing to be welded.

This crowd are one of a few manufacturers here that specialize on sprayer/irrigation booms.
http://www.pommier-scebp.com/fr/pages/les-rampes-de-pulverisation-8.html

I have a 1000l mounted rau, I bought it mainly because it was cheap and in good working order. Booms are light but in fairness there are no cracks or welds on them. The electrical controls can be operated manually if there are problems with electrics. I am happy with it but if I was going for a replacement sprayer I would go with a amazone mounted or case/gem sprayer. One downside of the rau is the price and availability of parts. No dealer stocks parts for them which can be a pain

I have a 1000l mounted rau, I bought it mainly because it was cheap and in good working order. Booms are light but in fairness there are no cracks or welds on them. The electrical controls can be operated manually if there are problems with electrics. I am happy with it but if I was going for a replacement sprayer I would go with a amazone mounted or case/gem sprayer. One downside of the rau is the price and availability of parts. No dealer stocks parts for them which can be a pain
Yeah I was wondering about parts alright, where did you source them in the end? Did it take standard nozzles?

I actually got some stuff from hegartys, nozzle body’s I got from Mc Hugh components they take standard nozzles. They are a well thought out sprayer and for similar money you wouldn’t get as fresh of a sprayer in a berthoud or hardi. Was looking at that particular sprayer a while ago and for that money it’s good value.

Aren't the ends of the booms at the back sticking out a long way or is it just me?

I'd be afraid nearly going the road at dusk/dark with that around here.:sweat:
Thought the very same thing myself but wondering if the photo is deceptive. Hope to get a look at it in the next few days so will see if they are as far back as they look

Would it make a good grassland sprayer if the booms were cut down to 12m, and it had 650 or 700 tyres on it?

Would it make a good grassland sprayer if the booms were cut down to 12m, and it had 650 or 700 tyres on it?

God it would be a sin to my mind to go cutting down a sprayer boom to suit grassland. One would be better off spending a few bob on gps guidance and work away with the 18m. That width should be perfectly useable in most fields. The GPS could be used for spreading fertilizer too.

The booms seem to stick out a lot but I’m sure a bit of imagination with strobe lights or something would make it safer on the road. A straight enough looking sprayer and not too big and heavy.

If you consider some lads are changing a tenner an acre to spray. It won't take too long to pay back

God it would be a sin to my mind to go cutting down a sprayer boom to suit grassland. One would be better off spending a few bob on gps guidance and work away with the 18m. That width should be perfectly useable in most fields. The GPS could be used for spreading fertilizer too.

The booms seem to stick out a lot but I’m sure a bit of imagination with strobe lights or something would make it safer on the road. A straight enough looking sprayer and not too big and heavy.
Rau do have that sprayer for sale new still.its very wide and only suit certain farm's.

@jay gatsby

https://www.donedeal.ie/fertiliserspreaders-for-sale/hardi-commandor-sprayer/24217294

ZmE2MWRiZDQ1MzU2NTc5Y2Y1OGQzMmY5MWU3NGVhNDhlJWyvu6NQNYu2SgSjIFDoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDIwMTk4ODJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Thanks very much Nash, that looks to meet a lot of the criteria. My Da went to look at the rau during the week when I was at work.
Said the booms weren't as exposed as they looked in the pictures and she was nice and fresh. An english machine originally and the tyres were perished. The only drawback might be spare parts. When the salesman says there SHOULDN'T be any bother getting bits for it you get wary

Back