What's this?

carrick

As the title asks, what is on the heifers nose and eyes. White rings appeared around the eyes a week ago, then around the nose. Looks a bit like orph up close.
Remedies welcome? DSC_0078.JPG

As the title asks, what is on the heifers nose and eyes. White rings appeared around the eyes a week ago, then around the nose. Looks a bit like orph up close.
Remedies welcome? View attachment 60334
Eating hay, or very dry silage, old dying pasture?
Looks like a thing sheep use to get when feed in hay in those raised racks.

Its ringworm. Wash with imaverol twice in one week. Or use one of the natural products from the likes of oralden or kcf.

Try giving them a handful of seaweed meal along with their meal. High in iodine which is helpful in curing ringworm ,bi have found .
Is your land of a heavyish nature ,? Probably high in molybdenum if it is .

I've seen Holly being hung in sheds but never knew it had to be male. One of my brothers got ringworm as a child and an old man over the road gave my father a pasty substance in a matchbox to rub on it to cure it.

I've seen Holly being hung in sheds but never knew it had to be male. One of my brothers got ringworm as a child and an old man over the road gave my father a pasty substance in a matchbox to rub on it to cure it.
Similar to that sister and myself got it as children, there was an aunt of my fathers had a cure for it.

Similar to that sister and myself got it as children, there was an aunt of my fathers had a cure for it.

I got it as a young adult , on the back of my hand . Went to a woman who had a cure for it . She told me not to let the area get wet , which of course , I didn’t heed. I got impetigo, and ended up on a strong course of antibiotics. Not her fault , my own.

I hung Holly in the slatted shed once , as had a few weanlings with ringworms , didn’t ask was it male or female. Waste of energy.

I was sure it was female holly:confused3:,some fecker wrote it in the dairy farmer mag,bet he pissed his sides seeing all the farmers tying it up in their sheds.:lol:

That would be
Remedies welcome? View attachment 60334

That would be ring worm IMHO, as a few have said holly is supposed t sort it in the sheds??? No idea how that works, we have an alternate year thing with it here,,, won't see it for 12 months then at the next winter lie up "they'll get it,," it goes as they go back out into the sunshine and it's only the young stock seem to get it,,
I had it as a school kid, big un on back of me neck, on me elbow and gawd nos how one on me arm pit,, mother got some stuff from the quack,, it was RUBBISH,, father then took over application of meds,,,, I went to school with a gentson violet paste applied for 2 weeks,,,, I was like a leper,,,, HAHAHAHA, worked though and I wasn't the only kid at bickleigh primary with purple parts,,,,

Doesn't used engine oil work on ring worm as well?.
i believe its the sulpher in the oil that cures it,obviously these days there's a lot less in used oil

the remedy i heard is go to the chemist and get "flowers of sulphur" and mix it with lard and rub that on

Smokes are carcinogenic too though, doesnt bother some people though:no:

But most restaurants aren't marinating beef in tobacco ash. We are selling beef for human consumption. I'd be more worried about the heavy metals found in waste oil. Arsenic, lead, cadmium, copper and zinc are absorbed through the skin and we don't know what illness they can cause, only that all of them are poisonous at certain levels.

A few days later and this is how it looks.
Had sent the original photo to vet same day as posted here. They also thought ringworm, wrong, all of you, so no virtual Mars bar.
Called vet out today as progress of infection.
Diagnosis 95% sure it mange. I heard of but never seen this.
Treatment. Ivomec, spoton, anti-inflamitary, antibiotic, multivitamins. And a few skin samples of to lab for conformation.
Basically, I request it to be hit hard and isolated her on an out farm.
Within hour she was happily eating, this morning she was trembling.

Just thought I would share, for cows sake, don't ignore ringworm. DSC_0087.JPG

Back