whens silage starting

Not looking too good weather wise here today mist/light rain at the moment. Still a fair bit of first cut to be done I reckon.

Nice lot of first cut done but still a heap to cut . Nice bit of grass on the flat this morning and about 50ac of hay that I know of that would be fit today only for the weather has taken a turn . Overcast here now nice shower at 1am which helped stop play last night . Thank god as lack of sleep was getting to me . [emoji42]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisnalty-Holsteins/812804415461880
We finished up at 3 this morning one of the lads said to me I wouldn't mind staying in bed in the morning [emoji3] I guess his wish was granted.
Off to do slurry now.

Lovely soft rain falling outside here now. I'm well pleased with it seeing as my silage is in a couple of heaps haha. First evening this week I can't hear a mower or harvester.

Lovely soft rain falling outside here now. I'm well pleased with it seeing as my silage is in a couple of heaps haha. First evening this week I can't hear a mower or harvester.

Just keep it there thank you very much started lifting here tonight

Last edited:
Have 30 acres baled so far. 280 fusion bales.

No dearer than pit silage really if you get a wilt.

Have 30 acres baled so far. 280 fusion bales.

No dearer than pit silage really if you get a wilt.

You certainly got a good wilt beside me. A savage looking crop . 4 days down ?

Might chop a bit myself next week, the last of it wasn't stripped until 30 April .

ive just done 260 fusions haylage of 28ac
well dry stuff
fookin expensive way to do grass:crying:
only saving grace is i see £30 in each 1

You certainly got a good wilt beside me. A savage looking crop . 4 days down ?

Might chop a bit myself next week, the last of it wasn't stripped until 30 April .

Ya it was heavier than usual. I mowed most of it sunday and finished on monday. Baled thursday morning. 20 acres 190 bales.

Next week given up to 20 degress so youll be in luck.:thumbup:

:Finished! only gremlin was the chopper running out of fuel some numpty assumed it was full...me :blushing: only saving factor was i got the intake stopped before it died.

Is a v6 merc in it quoted as being 200hp hydro drive some of the 800s had perkins v8s and mechanical drive there was a a right pile of 800s sold in Ayrshire at that time.

Are you chopping much grass with her?
I find that's theres a big difference between the hesstons with the extra power of the 7725 its a completely different animal to take grass

Are you chopping much grass with her?
I find that's theres a big difference between the hesstons with the extra power of the 7725 its a completely different animal to take grass
No it will be between 4 and 500 acres per year its exactly the same chopper as the Jag 85 trailed harvester the only thing different is an accelerator
in the chute GRASSMEN were at Stranraer through the week should have invited them up :001_tongue:

We should have a thread when is silage ending. Ya don't be long getting fed up.lots of my friend gone to a party and I going to my next field.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434236346.003907.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it will be between 4 and 500 acres per year its exactly the same chopper as the Jag 85 trailed harvester the only thing different is an accelerator
in the chute GRASSMEN were at Stranraer through the week should have invited them up :001_tongue:

A outfit like yours would be a good watch alright :thumbup:

We should have a thread when is silage ending. Ya don't be long getting fed up.lots of my friend gone to a party and I going to my next field.
View attachment 29841

I have the post silage blues here atm the pits are full and no second cut to do,its a long wait until next may again for me :no:

I have the post silage blues here atm the pits are full and no second cut to do,its a long wait until next may again for me :no:

Would you not go driving for a contractor for the summer? All the talk is of a shortage of lads to draw grass, I'm sure you'd be kept busy

Ah your not commited to the cause man

Surely committed to it. Really enjoy the silage season. But day after day and night after night and little sleep ya do wounder why you do it. But even saying that I wouldn't change my job for anything.

View attachment 29841

On your deathbed will you regret having been to too many parties . You are living the dream driving new machinery with somebody else paying for it and all your friends will have hangovers in the morning and there will still be grass to mow .

Surely committed to it. Really enjoy the silage season. But day after day and night after night and little sleep ya do wounder why you do it. But even saying that I wouldn't change my job for anything.

Ah I know you are.
I'd be the same way.
An hours extra sleep and you'd be happy

Back