Which gps?

Demo steering wheel fitted to our Class 836 . I have not seen it as I spent the evening cutting spring rape and clearing wild flower seeds out of the returns blower on the combine. I solved the problem there are no returns if you put in the barley screen and put it all in the tank.

[YOUTUBE][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkSWv4asLdY"]Claas Steering itself using Leica Autosteer Techno - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

Working away grand.

What is the lowest speed that unit can work at?

I will get a drive in her on Monday . Is there issues with them at slow speed .What problems should I be on the look out for . It would be a great yoke on the pile driver to get a straight fence .

Usually assisted steering platforms (bolted to the steering column) wont work at below 2k, or work badly.

Most spud men go for a hydraulic steering valve. But the Leica might be an improvement, hence the question.

Usually assisted steering platforms (bolted to the steering column) wont work at below 2k, or work badly.

Most spud men go for a hydraulic steering valve. But the Leica might be an improvement, hence the question.

The Leica probably will not suite me because it is not Bogballe ready yet but KOB gave me a demo of it because of the three terrannos and possibly a 570tt on its way to Wexford that I have sold for them .:rolleyes::rolleyes:
It is handy to have problems to look out for and see how the machine copes with them .

Is guidance something you are interested in? Or just a case of the fact its there you are having a look at it?

Is guidance something you are interested in? Or just a case of the fact its there you are having a look at it?[/QUOTE

I want to put in our own tramlines as errors are causing problems of unsprayed sterile brome . The drill man has enough to do to get the drilling right particularly if he is getting blockages or drags . A couple of stripes of brome in another wise clean field is messy.

The Leica probably will not suite me because it is not Bogballe ready yet but KOB gave me a demo of it because of the three terrannos and possibly a 570tt on its way to Wexford that I have sold for them .:rolleyes::rolleyes:
It is handy to have problems to look out for and see how the machine copes with them .

Is Nash buying a lexion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Much the same as the first Vid
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT323t9hQBg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUR5WiI7d5xASbOxfMz7HhCA"]Claas steering by itself with Leica Autosteer technology, Leica Mojo 3D - YouTube[/ame]

Did you get the topcon yet diesel power and if so how are you finding it? The rep is coming to me this week to give me a demo.
He was saying that the topcon hardly ever looses reception and that 3g phone masts affects some of the other makes but not theirs. Having said that it could be just sales talk, anyone shed some light on it:undecided:

There is a case going through the US courts at the moment which involves a satellite based broadband service (Lightsquared) and the manufacturers and suppliers of GPS systems. Basically it all boils down to whether Lightsquared's satellite signals interfere with GPS reception. The GPS suppliers say yes they do (having told Lightsquared in the past that they don't) whilst Lightsquared points out that if they (the GPS makers) designed the reception side of their units a little better then there wouldn't be a problem.

To my mind it seems that the GPS guys don't want to spend a few extra pennies on their units whilst Lightsquared's contention that the radio spectrum is going to get ever more crowded anyway so they better sort the problems sooner rather than later seems to hold some truth.

If 3g phone masts are causing a problem then it's I'd say it's up to both sides to tidy up the overlap because the issue is not going to go away by itself.

Last edited:
I am looking to buy a gps for area measurement,fertilizer spreading and spraying grassland.I am leaning towards the Patchwork Go as I found it easy to set up and follow.Anyone out there with experience of it,i would appreciate any feedback.TIA.

I am looking to buy a gps for area measurement,fertilizer spreading and spraying grassland.I am leaning towards the Patchwork Go as I found it easy to set up and follow.Anyone out there with experience of it,i would appreciate any feedback.TIA.

go for the topcon one ya wont be disappointed

I'd go Trimble or patchwork topcon is too complicated to change widths and different settings.go topcon if ur into tech and computers but not very user friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Topcon is not for the technophobe I suppose,but the accuracy is very good,best of the free signal ones I think.
Compatiblity with external switches is good too,some others cant do this.
important for area worked measurement

A friend of mine has the patchwork either him or myself cant make head nor tail of it. I borrowed it to do grassland spraying last summer and the problem i found with it was I was constantly rectifying the steering trying to follow the arrow,"This Can't Be Right" Anyone else had / has that problem? I was thinking would it be the receiver as its the same type as you would get with a car sat nav..Any solutions anybody?

Very difficult to follow it exactly really unless you have auto steer.
Sorry not much help.

Would there be a sensitivity setting that could be turned down?
Would loose some accuracy though

We have a patch work, i think the problem is, some lads try to drive while watching the screen and are always correcting, i think its better to let the screen guide you as you start your track, but try to be looking at where you are driving and only adjust the steering slightly as you drive, auto steer would be a great job imo for certain operations.

We have a patch work, i think the problem is, some lads try to drive while watching the screen and are always correcting, i think its better to let the screen guide you as you start your track, but try to be looking at where you are driving and only adjust the steering slightly as you drive, auto steer would be a great job imo for certain operations.

Spot on ,that's the way we work here,first day out 3yrs ago we were all over the place trying to follow the screen,

I think ithastopay is right! It's very hard for the first while to get yourself used to it, you subcontuosly spend to much time looking at it trying to react to every little flicker, found i was like that with it at first, it just takes a bit of getting used to it and relaxing with it.

Its more of another reference point than a screen to watch continuously!!

Tried that and after you have done the run and then look at the screen you either have ships or overlaps

Dont mind the skips and overlaps to much, atleast not at first, they make it look worse than it may actually be, also remember with spraying you will inevitably have a bit of drift which will cover majority of the skips...

Think of it like a rear view mirror in your driving test, your suppose to check it every what 10 seconds, but if you check it to much you'll get marked down :D

So whats the point if you are going to have skips and overlaps i thought the idea of them were to avoid that

Yes, but the skips and overlaps will be quite small in reality unless your literally going full turn to turn of the wheel each time?
There a guidance to keep you consistently at the right width, rather than say 10meters away when working to one side and 12 to the other...

Agree I have the screen at eye level on rh windscreen pillar still spot on something, allows a quick look at the screen and back without moving my head.

So whats the point if you are going to have skips and overlaps i thought the idea of them were to avoid that

You wont when you get used to it, the lads giving advice have been using them for a while and are trying to give you a bit of help, as said give it a bit of time and you should get used to it, if you dont no matter get rid of it and go back to what you did before you had it, plenty of lads have them and get on well with them others don't get on so well.

Personally i dont use ours very much and i wouldn't be great at using it, my brother uses it for spraying grass and spreading fertiliser and gets on very well with it.

Back