Which Kverneland plough?

Is it possible/easy to add hydraulic cross shaft to a to a Model E plough (240 headstock)? Was told that there was a kit available but when I asked the fella more he didn't know!!

Just replace the top link type adjuster with the Hyd Ram kit:whistle:
Two pins with clips in:thumbup:
See pic attached. Its a pic of an LD 85 but cross shaft setup is the same.

Attachments

• KV 240 headstock.jpg
    KV 240 headstock.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Is it possible/easy to add hydraulic cross shaft to a to a Model E plough (240 headstock)? Was told that there was a kit available but when I asked the fella more he didn't know!!

Why do you want one, if you don't mind me asking? It wouldn't be much benefit on a Model E unless you were changing it between a couple of tractors fairly often.

:sneaky2:
Why do you want one, if you don't mind me asking? It wouldn't be much benefit on a Model E unless you were changing it between a couple of tractors fairly often.

Found it handy in the past ploughing across steep slopes. It was with a variwidth plough though, so maybe I wouldn't really miss it. At least now I know it's an easy add on in the future if needs be.

My budget won't stretch to a clean vari width!:no:

New Ireland was headed up by George Coughlan????
They were based in a building at Edermine, Enniscorthy, which still stands. (Myles) Stamp Transport were using that yard in recent years.
The plough was doomed to fail because of the (Pierce) Foundry cast Iron Points and Wings.

Should I mention the Shanahan Brothers and Pierce in the same sentence - "Make our ploughs from modern "steel" or fail" Pierse did not listen, and ,as they say, the rest is Tesco

They were still using iron hardware bolts up to their last days - nuf said

Found the picture of the New Ireland Plough .

DSCF2080.jpg

DSCF2079.jpg

DSCF2075.jpg

DSCF2078.jpg

Just thinking today, where are all the three and four KV conventional ploughs with springs gone (AB and AD), there used to be an awful lot of them around but seem to be gone scarce now.

Just thinking today, where are all the three and four KV conventional ploughs with springs gone (AB and AD), there used to be an awful lot of them around but seem to be gone scarce now.
was thinking the same nash,one of the young lads here is on the look out for a 3 f to do a bit of match ploughing ,seem to be gone very scarce

was thinking the same nash,one of the young lads here is on the look out for a 3 f to do a bit of match ploughing ,seem to be gone very scarce

Are lads hanging on to them or are they just not there anymore? 10 years ago they were ten a penny around here at least.

Looking to put new boards on my kv plough just wondering what's best .?
There no 28s . Looking at either genuine kv boards r bellitti ? The geniune kv points wer a disgrace this yr just afraid the boards will be d same. Getting on very well then wit d bellitti points

Looking to put new boards on my kv plough just wondering what's best .?
There no 28s . Looking at either genuine kv boards r bellitti ? The geniune kv points wer a disgrace this yr just afraid the boards will be d same. Getting on very well then wit d bellitti points

For boards genuine all the way, the spurious ones will give you plenty of hardship cleaning them!

Something I've often wondered is why semi mounted ploughed command so much less then there mounted counterparts. I know the bigger ones have a very limited market but a 5 furrow is a 5 furrow and a 6 would be easily reduced to a 5 furrow. If you've the power to lift and pull a fully mounted 5 then would a semi not be easier on a tractor or am I missing something?.

Something I've often wondered is why semi mounted ploughed command so much less then there mounted counterparts. I know the bigger ones have a very limited market but a 5 furrow is a 5 furrow and a 6 would be easily reduced to a 5 furrow. If you've the power to lift and pull a fully mounted 5 then would a semi not be easier on a tractor or am I missing something?.

Perhaps more working parts/pivot points that may have worn?
Headland ploughing not as easy either perhaps?

Semi mounted ploughes are a good bit more difficult to operate (turning on the headlands,controlling the depth ect). I have seen a few fellows fail badly to operate them.You need an operator who is interested in the job. Other than that they have many advantages,better inter body clearance, much easier on the tractors lift,higher work rate.We have been working a six furrow semi for many years now and wouldn’t be without it.

Semi mounted ploughes are a good bit more difficult to operate (turning on the headlands,controlling the depth ect). I have seen a few fellows fail badly to operate them.You need an operator who is interested in the job. Other than that they have many advantages,better inter body clearance, much easier on the tractors lift,higher work rate.We have been working a six furrow semi for many years now and wouldn’t be without it.
Would ye plough headlands with it as well or is a mounted a necessity for that?.

Back