Which Kverneland plough?

Very few good 2nd ploughs(if there is such a thing!)coming up on dad

They are selling as quickly as they go up! I've seen a few locally up on Donedeal that were very tidy and all sold within 24 hours.

It's a quiet enough time too for sales, I expect that things might pick up once the festivities later in the month are done.

Like everyone........bit of value!, budget €8-9k, 4/5furrow, make not pushed
If I can gather up a bit of money over the winter I could be changing my 4F model E Kverneland, might not be what you’re after but might suit someone @jd-baz just got one in last week

Sorry only seeing this now,what were you looking for @Bgrove ?
Variwidth or fixed?boards? 8’ or 28’s?4 or 5?
Have a 4 furrow es95 with 200 headstock on 28’s here in workshop at moment but doubt ill get going through it this side of xmas,
Also have another 4f es95 160 on new 28’s coming in but doubt it will be lifted before the weekend so will be the new year.
Sold a forum member a similar plough there a month ago or more,all would be of similar spec.

Bought a Kuhn in the meantime. Anyone looking for a furrow off a varimaster 122? Discs and skimmers

Is that not the round beam spring release?
There was a kit to add a spring release to the standard "Hydrein" plough. This had a coil spring. When it tripped you had to get down and manually return the body to the work position. The long plough spanner had a cranked piece of round rod welded onto it to use as a lever to help with resetting. The long spanner also has two round notches down one side of its length - this is a basic setting for the leaf spring setting, just lay the spanner across the two round pins, one at each end of the leaf spring, dropping the round notch onto the round of the pin. Memory is not great but I think the measurement is 27 5/8 inches or 700mm center to center.
The first Auto Reset, Round tube plough was the "Stenomat" model.
The next reincarnation of this was called the "A" Model.
This had a "very light" square box frame. The box had a habit of cracking away from the front or rear end plate. The box was replaced with a heavier "box". This still gave problems, especially on ploughs of 4 or more furrows. The next fix was to add welded on wrap round gusset plates on all 4 corners, front and back, of each box.
The early "A" ploughs had the solid cross shaft from the Stenomat. This was later replaced with a new , more adjustable headstock,with the hollow tubular cross shaft. this tubular shaft had a habit of snapping off the non cranked end, especially when tractors got bigger and faster. They went back to the solid shaft on the last of these models, before the release of the "AB" vari width models.
The tubular shaft was also used on the "E" reversible models with the "120" headstock. It gave the same trouble on these. They went back to the solid shaft on the 120 at the same time as the "160" headstock was introduced.

looking for a 4 furrow reversible plough for a customer, something handy just to do 60-100 acres a year. Anyone have anything or know of anything ? Also he’s selling a 3 furrow reverse if anyone looking for one of them

looking for a 4 furrow reversible plough for a customer, something handy just to do 60-100 acres a year. Anyone have anything or know of anything ? Also he’s selling a 3 furrow reverse if anyone looking for one of them

Might be an option

I have a KV 4f EG 85 looking for a new home. What size tractor does the person have??

Might be an option
Seen that it’s a nice plough. He’s hoping to buy my one instead now at the end of 2024 when I can hopefully afford the change. In the meantime here’s some pics of his plough If anyone Is interested in that come the time C35B4542-6127-46B9-BACD-CAB35311A097.jpegD731B7BC-7048-450E-94ED-08E82AE25194.jpeg

One support is the standard fitting. UK ploughs will be set up that way generally.

The Irish importer ensured that all new ploughs with No. 28 boards that came into the country had 2 stays as it reduced complaints of boards cracking. Had to weld one of our boards today as it had cracks at the bolt holes at the front. I think the stays weren’t supporting it properly.

Should there not be 2 support stays on 28 boards?
That’s not a bad looking plough for the money, not keen on the way the wheel sticks out.
I wonder how one would get on adding another furrow to it, drill the beam and bolt on an extra bit to the beam and the vary width rod. Then source a new pair of furrows.

That’s not a bad looking plough for the money, not keen on the way the wheel sticks out.
I wonder how one would get on adding another furrow to it, drill the beam and bolt on an extra bit to the beam and the vary width rod. Then source a new pair of furrows.
It does stick out alot doesn’t it! Looks like there is a couple feet between the furrow wall and outside of the wheel. I wonder is it a ploy by the greenies to keep the ploughing further out from the hedge

How many sets of boards would most ploughs go through in their.lives?
I know there would be factors like soil type affecting wear rates but I presume most ploughs get a good few seasons from boards?

One support is the standard fitting. UK ploughs will be set up that way generally.

The Irish importer ensured that all new ploughs with No. 28 boards that came into the country had 2 stays as it reduced complaints of boards cracking. Had to weld one of our boards today as it had cracks at the bolt holes at the front. I think the stays weren’t supporting it properly.
I may not suggesting that this is the case with your plough but impact guns are now the main cause of boards cracking at the bolt holes. So much so that KV no longer offer warranty on new boards.

Back