Which Loader Option

New fully loaded Volvos advertised in Germany L60h with cdc steering £118K L70h with cdc £130k,I'd say the rolls Royce of loaders so others have to be a fair bit cheaper.
Do they look as good as the weidemann though? What's cdc steering, is that the joystick type??

Ok ok ok
There has been a development!

Dad was chatting to a new sales man at a local dealer. Telling him the loader predicament and the likes.

'Ohhh I have a JCB loadall coming in next week, very very tidy 1996 machine' and father was intrigued by the price he reckoned on too!

So.
What to look for in a 1996 loadall?
Know nothing more than it's 1996 at the moment !!
Has he had a change of mind about being sat on the side?? What's going to happen if you buy it is in 12 months time you'll say 'how did we ever manage without one, we should have bought a newer one!!' :whistle:

They haven't had a front loader on a tractor ever , AFAIK. A Major back loader before the Volvo . Zero to Hero.

Can't see him planting a loader on the new beast.
I have an old Tanco slap bucket loader in the er, pile of stuff that might be useful someday and certainly isn't scrap in a corner :rolleyes2:. I'm sure I could fit that to the Valtra's front linkage, instant front loader :laugh:.
We've never had a front loader on any tractor here. I wouldn't say we'll never have one but more then likely that'll only happen if a tractor comes in already fitted with one.

Has he had a change of mind about being sat on the side?? What's going to happen if you buy it is in 12 months time you'll say 'how did we ever manage without one, we should have bought a newer one!!' :whistle:

Ha. That sounds like a possible scenario!
Seems the price has him looking past these small things!

I'm more concerned that it will be me fixing everything he breaks with it!

Is there a difference between agri spec and construction spec on telehandlers?

Always thought it was just the joysticks plumbed diffrently. But a mate of mine says the construction spec are much slower and less torque?

Always thought it was just the joysticks plumbed diffrently. But a mate of mine says the construction spec are much slower and less torque?

On The older JCB's It Was mainly The case That agri spec Were turboed And construction Were Not. That Was The main One I Think.

You can spec a construction machine up to farm spec level if you want,with JCB the boom geometry and strength are the same just the hydraulics are generally high flow with extras like puh ,tipping pipe,trailer brakes etc...

Also the gearbox would tend to be 40kph and 6 speed,only you can decide if it's worth it,personally I like construction spec they are very simple machines,only the engine is complicated on the newer ones.
Edit..
Regards power you can't have the 145hp engine in construction spec,the lever set up is just changing two rods over on the spools,well is if it's not the electric joystick.

Reactions: AYF
On The older JCB's It Was mainly The case That agri spec Were turboed And construction Were Not. That Was The main One I Think.
Figured there can't be much different.
A mate had hired a handler in and a construction spec one landed. Was new at the time (4 yrs ago maybe) and had 3 levers for the boom! And perhaps it was slowed up for the spec as you say. He sent it back!

Will look into it then.

@scoffcruddle would be looking at the older ones really. So puh and the likes would not worry me.
Would high flow be a bigger pump or just a restricter in the system?

Figured there can't be much different.
A mate had hired a handler in and a construction spec one landed. Was new at the time (4 yrs ago maybe) and had 3 levers for the boom! And perhaps it was slowed up for the spec as you say. He sent it back!

Will look into it then.

@scoffcruddle would be looking at the older ones really. So puh and the likes would not worry me.
Would high flow be a bigger pump or just a restricter in the system?

Both my loadalls are 3 stick control,one does boom up and tilt,other is telescope and tilt,3rd lever is 3rd service,simple and reliable and the reason they have both passed 10k hours without any bother.

High flow is bigger pipes all round and electric spools as the manual spool block can't handle the flow,if you never drove a high flow it wouldn't bother you.

Reactions: AYF
Both my loadalls are 3 stick control,one does boom up and tilt,other is telescope and tilt,3rd lever is 3rd service,simple and reliable and the reason they have both passed 10k hours without any bother.

High flow is bigger pipes all round and electric spools as the manual spool block can't handle the flow,if you never drove a high flow it wouldn't bother you.
Have you 2 loadalls, a Volvo and a weideman????

New fully loaded Volvos advertised in Germany L60h with cdc steering £118K L70h with cdc £130k,I'd say the rolls Royce of loaders so others have to be a fair bit cheaper.
I think a jcb419 is north of 100k
Krammer looks a lovely machine there is a telescopic option too for the largest machine but think it's not being released till late 2019

Back