Who is responsible for disposing of vets rubbish?

briank

Hello all. Just wondering is it the farmers responsibility to dispose of vets gloves/plastic poncho or the responsibility of the the vet to take his rubbish with him? Had a vet for a calving case yesterday and he just dropped his long sleeved gloves and poncho on the ground beside the jeep before he got in and left them for me to dispose of

Our vets bring their rubbish with them. Vets are always banging on about hygiene and as far as I'm concerned leaving gloves and gown thrown in a farmers yard is disgraceful. The least he could have done was asked if you had a bin he could have disposed of them in.

Hello all. Just wondering is it the farmers responsibility to dispose of vets gloves/plastic poncho or the responsibility of the the vet to take his rubbish with him? Had a vet for a calving case yesterday and he just dropped his long sleeved gloves and poncho on the ground beside the jeep before he got in and left them for me to dispose of
Personally whilst it does mean we have to deal with the rubbish I’d far rather he do that than carry it, and any potential diseases etc around with him in the jeep from farm to farm

Any rubbish that was created during the visit I would expect to be disposing of but wouldn't expect gloves and apron to be just thrown down next to their car.
Same shit here just drop it on the ground where ever they feel like, you’re paying enough for theirs service that they should have a bin on their van for their rubbish, transferring diseases from one farm to another is not an excuse with plenty detergents on the market to prevent it.

Same shit here just drop it on the ground where ever they feel like, you’re paying enough for theirs service that they should have a bin on their van for their rubbish, transferring diseases from one farm to another is not an excuse with plenty detergents on the market to prevent it.

If You have a disinfection point, which all visitors to the farm yard should use when entering and leaving, why not put a bin for such waste beside it and politely ask vets and AI etc to put all such waste in it.

Back