Who supplies bale wrap

How's that work then, we pay 20% on it here but couldn't charge it out at 10% or could we till we get caught??:sneaky:

You will get a month to pay here but usually get a discount if you pay on delivery.
Buy the plastic, claim back the 23% vat, when charging the customer for the job then just add on say €2.50/ bale or whatever the plastic is extra to cover the plastic, the invoice says baling etc so that’s seen as work/service so that’s 13.5% vat here then. I don’t know how legal or illegal it is but lads do it with maize plastic also

Buy the plastic, claim back the 23% vat, when charging the customer for the job then just add on say €2.50/ bale or whatever the plastic is extra to cover the plastic, the invoice says baling etc so that’s seen as work/service so that’s 13.5% vat here then. I don’t know how legal or illegal it is but lads do it with maize plastic also
I see, you have different rates for different things.

I see, you have different rates for different things.
3 rates that effect farming, 23% on goods such as chemicals, machinery hardware etc, 13.5% which is on services such as contracting and 5.4% which is on sale of milk, grain and animals.

Reactions: Win
farmer supplies the wrap around here, bad enough to not get paid for the work but then get caught for the plastic as well :speechless:, lads blame the contractor for bad silage they,ll surely find fault with the plastic he supplies
I’d rather park the gear at home than work for that type ,

farmer supplies the wrap around here, bad enough to not get paid for the work but then get caught for the plastic as well :speechless:, lads blame the contractor for bad silage they,ll surely find fault with the plastic he supplies

Same story around here. Contractor usually has a spare roll with him for when there is not enough plastic left for the last few.

Farmer round here.
Can see how it is a pain to be lifting wrap on and off. But lads don't want the money out and farmers not paying!
@wdah surely your more liable to take stick if you provide the wrap??
You can't say 'you bought it your problem'

my few customers all pay, yes I have money to lift but enough pay at the time to keep it covered. its the way it is done here.

they wont take u bought it, your problem if the silage is poor. I have used cheaper wrap one year but still a good name brand use widely with good results but a few men did have a problem, I still bale for them, I put it down to a bad half pallet of wrap, or else soil in the silage as it was wet year, there is a thread on here where I asked about it.

quite a few used quinn wrap here while we stuck it out with silawrap that year, we tried a few rolls from time to time but not worth the saving, it was noticed but one man were we do second cut and another did first, less mould, if any on ours and it had a further days wilt.

I prefer to do the whole job as a half job and be blamed in the wrong for all going wrong. generally round here a bad payer is well known as such.

how many layers of wrap do others put on a bale of chopped fresh grass?

Usually 4 layers unless haylage when I put on 6 layers, I've been wrapping bales since the early 90's and 4 layers always seem to work fine.
I found 4 is fine for silage and bales that Will be used sooner rather than later
Ive gone to 6 this year for dry haylage as i handle them a bit delivering them

is it farmer supplied or u supplied, we do 4 or 6 most boys gave moved to 6 too

sorry for hijacking just wondering if farmers were trying to cut corners by suppling cheaper wrap or using 4 layers only. seems to have side tracked the thread

Contractor supplies it here. I put the Extra plastic on most of it this year. Think they all supply it around here. There's only one or two lads that don't pay anyone and most lads are wise to them at this stage

I get supplied wrap from a merchant mostly put 6 layers on at the end of every job divide bale count by 19.5 bales per roll and email merchant daily with customer&farm name and rolls used.he invoices directly to farmer and has no bother getting paid.its fairly common round here for this to happen.i then invoice for the baling and wrapping part myself.works well and merchant not lying all pallets out till october etc.

I get supplied wrap from a merchant mostly put 6 layers on at the end of every job divide bale count by 19.5 bales per roll and email merchant daily with customer&farm name and rolls used.he invoices directly to farmer and has no bother getting paid.its fairly common round here for this to happen.i then invoice for the baling and wrapping part myself.works well and merchant not lying all pallets out till october etc.
Sounds like it works well , you’d always have one buc complaining!!

Reactions: AYF
how does half rolls work .do you balance it at the end of the yr or leave it on farm after each job
They get invoiced for whats used if its 2.5 rolls or 2.75 or 2.3 rolls.just divide bale numbers 19.5 as it usually runs out on bale 40 somtimes at start of bale or near end so it usually gets more wrap.its working out ok so far.at end of season i might owe them for a couple rolls or they credit me with a couple rolls over 7 pallets its neither here or there.
Dont leave any on farms i just keep plenty with me and a note of bale numbers it takes 5 mins in morning to email them numbers.

They get invoiced for whats used if its 2.5 rolls or 2.75 or 2.3 rolls.just divide bale numbers 19.5 as it usually runs out on bale 40 somtimes at start of bale or near end so it usually gets more wrap.its working out ok so far.at end of season i might owe them for a couple rolls or they credit me with a couple rolls over 7 pallets its neither here or there.
Dont leave any on farms i just keep plenty with me and a note of bale numbers it takes 5 mins in morning to email them numbers.
Good simple system. Fair play:Thumbp2::Thumbp2:

Ive been approched by a co-op merchant to be supplied with wrap on the same idea as above.
Most of my customers are members so get a small discount and a bonus at the end of each trading year.
The wrap is visqueen does anyone use alot of it??
I used 1 pallet last year which seemed ok im just looking for honest opinions?? TIA

Ive been approched by a co-op merchant to be supplied with wrap on the same idea as above.
Most of my customers are members so get a small discount and a bonus at the end of each trading year.
The wrap is visqueen does anyone use alot of it??
I used 1 pallet last year which seemed ok im just looking for honest opinions?? TIA
Visqueen is a very good wrap. I have wrapped with it.

Back