Wide angle Pto shaft

Mike

Might be on the lookout for a S/H Pto shaft (if a repair doesnt work out :Whistle2:)
It needs to be about 4.5ft long and have wide angle on both sides.
Do any mowers or harvesters have such a thing...?

I sold one for €200 a few months ago . We bought a new one for I think €600 plus vat .
Farm and Industrial in Kilkenny

If you ring Bernard Byrne he should be able to sort you out Mike.

A neighbour was looking for one (might have rang you Bog Man) and Byrnes would have sorted him out fine.

He bought a new one up in Kellys of Borris afterwards.

What ya broken?:eek3:
I didn't break it, buts it off an offset flail mower, Bondioli PTO, one of the the forks that holds the cross has broken on the centre body
Something like this..
5110L0063.jpg

I didn't break it, buts it off an offset flail mower, Bondioli PTO, one of the the forks that holds the cross has broken on the centre body
Something like this..
5110L0063.jpg
I replaced a waltershield one of them last year think it was 350

If you ring Bernard Byrne he should be able to sort you out Mike.

A neighbour was looking for one (might have rang you Bog Man) and Byrnes would have sorted him out fine.

He bought a new one up in Kellys of Borris afterwards.
Will give him a shout on Monday.

This lady has wide angle on both sides and a beefy profile tube like the pic below

innertube.jpg
That profile would not be on too many yokes(no pun intended) Claas use it on the rakes, maybe JMC parts might have something.

For some reason I always thought that the double wide angled shafts gave a lot of trouble, if there was any wear they started to run untrue?
I have no experience of this, just a mad notion I had.

you dont see many wide angled on both sides , our old fx 58 had a couple on it
No, and from what I can see its a 50 degree joint

For some reason I always thought that the double wide angled shafts gave a lot of trouble, if there was any wear they started to run untrue?
I have no experience of this, just a mad notion I had.
You could well be right, but on this machine I'd say double is a necessity

My old FX 375 had no wide angle shafts..:scratchhead:
was it hydraulic drive , the 58 was shaft driven to the feed rolls , when the metal detector dropped in there was just a dog clutch to stop it turning , it went off with a fair bag lol if you heard it when you were trying to sneak round the back of the chopper you new to put the foot down cos that 58 went into reverse quick lol

was it hydraulic drive , the 58 was shaft driven to the feed rolls , when the metal detector dropped in there was just a dog clutch to stop it turning , it went off with a fair bag lol if you heard it when you were trying to sneak round the back of the chopper you new to put the foot down cos that 58 went into reverse quick lol
Not hydraulic, all shafts to blower , drum, feedrolls and header.

Not hydraulic, all shafts to blower , drum, feedrolls and header.
The original shaft was a sinple double cross type thing Same as you have going to the steering wheels on a 4wd tractor but I think it used to go through the crosses so they upgraded it to the big heavy wide angle pto type and it had that at both ends .expensive shaft lol needless to say the chopper got sold with the original on it and the heavy shaft got sold separate

I'm looking to replacing the standard PTO shaft on the straw blower with a wide angle end as I have a good few turns to do around the yard in between sheds and it's a pain having to keep switching the blower on and off constantly. I'd only be bedding while straight but the standard shaft would knock at any angle even when running at tickover. My standard shaft and guard are perfect, any ideas what it would cost to replace just the tractor end with a wide angle joint? Hardly any need to replace whole shaft...it's a lemon profile and max of 70HP of a load on it. Have done a bit of googling but haven't spotted anything similar.

I'm looking to replacing the standard PTO shaft on the straw blower with a wide angle end as I have a good few turns to do around the yard in between sheds and it's a pain having to keep switching the blower on and off constantly. I'd only be bedding while straight but the standard shaft would knock at any angle even when running at tickover. My standard shaft and guard are perfect, any ideas what it would cost to replace just the tractor end with a wide angle joint? Hardly any need to replace whole shaft...it's a lemon profile and max of 70HP of a load on it. Have done a bit of googling but haven't spotted anything similar.
I bought one in clarks of cavan this year 190 euro wide angle shaft heavy enough for a slurry tanker

Go to you local vapormatic or sparex dealer
You can match up the wide end.will cost 350ish mind

I got a wide angle PTO both ends for the Berthoud sprayer in Farm and Industrial Kilkenny .I sold the old one on Dondeal.

Back