winter barley 2018

I've done 155 as well. It's hard to call on whether much of my previous runs have been lost. Certainly soil reserves must be low after the constant rain.
The same thought crossed my mind as well. The only thing is CAN is fairly stable so I'm not to concerned.

Was giving the chemical store a spring clean today and have set aside the following to give the winter barley a nice drink tomorrow as part of a three spray programme...
Talius @ 60mls/ha,
Ceraid @ .8L/ha,
Multiple @ 1L/ha,
Winger @ .4L/ha,
Freeze @ .6L/ha,
Bontima @ .8L/ha,
MCPA @ .8L/ha,
Hurler @ 1L/ha,
Ally Max @ 20g/ha.
If this lot doesn't kill it, it'll grow a 5 ton crop...
MF30

Was giving the chemical store a spring clean today and have set aside the following to give the winter barley a nice drink tomorrow as part of a three spray programme...
Talius @ 60mls/ha,
Ceraid @ .8L/ha,
Multiple @ 1L/ha,
Winger @ .4L/ha,
Freeze @ .6L/ha,
Bontima @ .8L/ha,
MCPA @ .8L/ha,
Hurler @ 1L/ha,
Ally Max @ 20g/ha.
MF30

Please please don’t say that you’re going to mix all that together? It would likely burn a hole in the bottom of the sprayer tank.

Even I wouldn’t chance that...

Please please don’t say that you’re going to mix all that together? It would likely burn a hole in the bottom of the sprayer tank.

Even I wouldn’t chance that...
Only joking, I'd hardly mix that on the same shelf in the chemical store! Just reading a few rates off the books from the last few years and want to use up bits and bobs... hate ending up with bits in different cans etc. Will select a few tomorrow that won't leave a crater in the field.
MF30

Talius @ 60mls/ha,
Ceraid @ .8L/ha,
Multiple @ 1L/ha,
Winger @ .4L/ha,
Freeze @ .6L/ha,
Bontima @ .8L/ha,
MCPA @ .8L/ha,
Hurler @ 1L/ha,
Ally Max @ 20g/ha.
MF30
Chemical weapons attack!!!

Talius @ 60mls/ha,
Ceraid @ .8L/ha,
Multiple @ 1L/ha,
Winger @ .4L/ha,
Freeze @ .6L/ha,
Bontima @ .8L/ha,
MCPA @ .8L/ha,
Hurler @ 1L/ha,
Ally Max @ 20g/ha.
MF30

You would be safe enough spraying that on our barley at the moment, the 3" covering of water over most of the field would dilute it.

Wb has really woken up this past week. 155 units on it and I'm debating if I should give it a little bit more. Thick looking crop and I'm afraid it'll run out of N. Advice welcome.
20180423_184702_002.jpg 20180423_184715.jpg 20180423_184731.jpg

Winter barley with flag leaf emerging not quite as high as my wellies. What rate of terpal would anyone use? Always used a fairly high rate other years but was pondering 1 to 1.25l ha this year. 170 units n.

Winter barley with flag leaf emerging not quite as high as my wellies. What rate of terpal would anyone use? Always used a fairly high rate other years but was pondering 1 to 1.25l ha this year. 170 units n.

A litre might be enough I’d say

Anyone gone out with terpal yet?. Walked some of mine yesterday and the flag leaf is near 2 inches. I'm undecided on the rate. I swore after last year with most of mine flattened I'd go with the full rate of terpal this year. Atm the barley is no more then welly boot height.

Anyone gone out with terpal yet?. Walked some of mine yesterday and the flag leaf is near 2 inches. I'm undecided on the rate. I swore after last year with most of mine flattened I'd go with the full rate of terpal this year. Atm the barley is no more then welly boot height.
What growth reg have you on it already

Holding the terpal until the weekend for warmer temperatures. 0.7-0.8 will do me fine. Not a big fan of the product but even less of a fan of lodged barley. I'll include CTL for ramularia.

Back