winter barley 2018

Probably a daft question but I was wondering if putting delfan plus in with the terpal Would be a good idea?. Or would it undo the effect of using terpal in the 1st place?.

Probably a daft question but I was wondering if putting delfan plus in with the terpal Would be a good idea?. Or would it undo the effect of using terpal in the 1st place?.
I have no experience of delfan plus, I consider it the latest in a long line of snake oil products to add to our tank, but it will not stop terpal working. It may or may not cause scorch or mix well with terpal, but the terpal will still shorten.

I have no experience of delfan plus, I consider it the latest in a long line of snake oil products to add to our tank, but it will not stop terpal working. It may or may not cause scorch or mix well with terpal, but the terpal will still shorten.
It's a bit of an unknown for barley in the situation I'm considering. I did use it with dock spray last year on silage ground and I thought it did a very good job of saving the grass from getting checked back by the spray. I may think about it :scratchhead:

Gave the winter barley its final nitrogen bringing it to 150 total units last Monday, then gave it a drink of Elatus Era @ 1L/ha, 0.8 L/ha of Multiple, 1L/ha of Holdup, 160mls/ha of Talius and Tern, and 600mls/ha of Avoca. Barley has grown up to steps of tractor and looks nice and thick. Rabbit damaged headlands areally doing their best to recover.
MF30
20180504_135850.jpg 20180504_135900.jpg

Gave the winter barley its final nitrogen bringing it to 150 total units last Monday, then gave it a drink of Elatus Era @ 1L/ha, 0.8 L/ha of Multiple, 1L/ha of Holdup, 160mls/ha of Talius and Tern, and 600mls/ha of Avoca. Barley has grown up to steps of tractor and looks nice and thick. Rabbit damaged headlands areally doing their best to recover.
MF30
View attachment 53911 View attachment 53912
Is it dirty with rhynco and mildew?

That’s a serious dose of stuff.
It'd want to do well yield wise this year, I wouldn't be sorry not to grow WB again. Nothing spared going into it and a lousy winter and spring into the bargain-hard to see huge profit from it eitherways.
MF30

It'd want to do well yield wise this year, I wouldn't be sorry not to grow WB again. Nothing spared going into it and a lousy winter and spring into the bargain-hard to see huge profit from it eitherways.
MF30
Was that your 2nd time spraying it? I must do mine for a 2nd time tomorrow.

Delfan is a good product to use with herbicides or growth regulators if crop is stressed? I don’t think crops are that stressed! Wet feet perhaps I wouldn’t think you’ll see huge advantage but try a can near end of tank and you’ll know in future and tell us so we’ll know!

Delfan is a good product to use with herbicides or growth regulators if crop is stressed? I don’t think crops are that stressed! Wet feet perhaps I wouldn’t think you’ll see huge advantage but try a can near end of tank and you’ll know in future and tell us so we’ll know!
No stress in crops at all. I was just wondering if there would be any benefit to using delfan. In any event I decided to spray out some and have a tramline right in the middle that got none as a control to see what or if there's any difference.

Some preparation went into that seedbed to have such a uniform crop, I hope it rewards you with equally impressive yields.
A pleasure to look at such a fine job.
MF30

Some preparation went into that seedbed to have such a uniform crop, I hope it rewards you with equally impressive yields.
A pleasure to look at such a fine job.
MF30
Not really just plough and 1 pass straight in. Not rolled. Base fertility is very good tho.

Back