winter barley 2018

image.jpg Just a simple 20 year old Kuhn accord combo. I'm a believer in sowing good and deep alright but the coulter following tines are almost worn away so they're not working as they should. We're rolling after so it doesn't really matter. I'll change them before we get to the late wheat.
Are the coulters set vey deep or what kind of drill is it?

View attachment 48480 Just a simple 20 year old Kuhn accord combo. I'm a believer in sowing good and deep alright but the coulter following tines are almost worn away so they're not working as they should. We're rolling after so it doesn't really matter. I'll change them before we get to the late wheat.
I’m of the same opinion, would often see barley sown by other men up 3/4 days before ours but it always strikes and comes up so I won’t be changing,can also travel a little faster sowing so helps keep all the seed covered.

View attachment 48480 Just a simple 20 year old Kuhn accord combo. I'm a believer in sowing good and deep alright but the coulter following tines are almost worn away so they're not working as they should. We're rolling after so it doesn't really matter. I'll change them before we get to the late wheat.
Excuse my ignorance but what are your markers set to? Inside of tyre?

You know someone is on girls land when they don't need a proper after Harrow on their accord :Whistle2:

Anyone getting ring rolling done? It's getting sloppy here to travel on sown ground.

I rolled last Tuesday it was fine but we've seen a good bit of rain since, problem now is with ipu gone it will need to be sprayed this week and my spray man hasn't finished sowing yet!, challenging year for the contractors, sowing will have to come before spraying!

Anyone getting ring rolling done? It's getting sloppy here to travel on sown ground.
Rolled the barley (we might still have more to sow) on Friday and Sunday. Most of the wheat after rape rolled too, one more field to roll that I'm very eager to get done to keep the slugs at bay.

Same here KV and a right dirty mist with the last few hours. I've still wheat straw to bake where some of the barley is supposed to go. Motivation getting lower by the day

If I had the choice of picking a date for sowing barley or wheat down here in the tropics, it would be the last week of Oct/first week of November.
That said, I’ll sow as soon as I can get an opportunity.

If I had the choice of picking a date for sowing barley or wheat down here in the tropics, it would be the last week of Oct/first week of November.
That said, I’ll sow as soon as I can get an opportunity.
About a week earlier here and id be happy but conditions would need to be good.most set locally so far has been very average at best

If your going to muck, muck early.

Ploughed a bit on Friday, got going again today, it's tough going, sowing will begin this evening.
At this point I don't think we will be able to sow all we had planned, a month of dry weather is needed.
We might get it, can't give up just yet.

If your going to muck, muck early.

Ploughed a bit on Friday, got going again today, it's tough going, sowing will begin this evening.
At this point I don't think we will be able to sow all we had planned, a month of dry weather is needed.
We might get it, can't give up just yet.
I had great intentions of getting a heap of duck slurry but that must be ploughed in due to the serious smell and close proximity to the town but that has now gone out the window with the deadline Saturday

Back