Winter Barley 2020

You wouldn't want to walk into that thing on a dark night, hardly the safest thing to have sticking out the front of a tractor.
What difference would there be to a silage fork or muck grab out of curiosity :scratchhead:

Reactions: Paw
Thanks for that John. Very informative. Crops looking super in fairness to you. Will you hold off on any more fungicide until flag leaf?

It usually needs a bridging spray between the first spray and awns peeping stage.
That said, I know growers who sometimes do two sprays and it works out fine, especially if the barley is later sown.

Crops have been a bit behind in terms of growth and so will likely go through growth stages quickly and so a two spray program might work fine this year.

Attachments

• IMG_20200409_151109736_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200409_151109736_HDR.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20200409_201203578_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200409_201203578_HDR.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 58
Winner all right. @Hardysplicer .
I saw it getting fertilizer on the 7th of March and it was yellow then .Not sure what was sprayed on it but it is certainly a contender for the Yaller Barley Gold Cup .
It should do five tonne.
This farmer is not careless and it could happen to any of us .
View attachment 75179 View attachment 75180
Passed by this field again. ( fully legally on a mercy mission outside the 2 km zone but used the tax disc in the post fleet number plate route to avoid having to explain myself ) . It is very green and making a good recovery . I was being driven (hic hic) so could not take a photo.

That looks good. We've only had about 3mm rain since 17th March.
Fertiliser is still visible, with no rain forecast I dunno what to do with pgr.
When it does rain crop will shoot up very soft.

Back