Winter Oats 2019

I won’t be rushing out on oats with N
It’s after SB and there’s enough left over to kick start oats this spring
I think SB growers would want to remember that for this season

I certainly won't be rushing out with the N on this either!

I was wondering the same about SB, will the mountains of volunteers not have used up quite a bit of it?

What are people's thoughts for initial compounds for winter oats?

I don't want To make a complete balls of It At This stage :blushing:

Planning on holding fire for Another while In any case.

What growth stage is it at? It looks advanced
Early stem extension from looking at it. Was sowed early Oct in a fertile place that can get wet very quick. Getting someone to look at it this week but my own thinking is 1.5l Ceraide soon and no N, let it get a bit of a setback. It's just the fact that it's February still. May do something with the heat this week.

It was 15 degrees yesterday, supposed to be similar today and tomorrow, there is growth, winter oats is very forward, lots of it at a strong GS30 or more, I think 1 litre of straight CCC is needed, don’t use ceraide or them yokes as they are far too expensive at the moment.
In oats or barley in the past if you missed a bit with fertiliser the disease pressure would be far higher in these parts as the crops got disease from stress as it was not fed to grow away from these. In my opinion oats needs 20 units in the next few days if it was early planted. If it was planted in that 2nd window of the 20-25th October it should not. That’s my opinion

It was 15 degrees yesterday, supposed to be similar today and tomorrow, there is growth, winter oats is very forward, lots of it at a strong GS30 or more, I think 1 litre of straight CCC is needed, don’t use ceraide or them yokes as they are far too expensive at the moment.
In oats or barley in the past if you missed a bit with fertiliser the disease pressure would be far higher in these parts as the crops got disease from stress as it was not fed to grow away from these. In my opinion oats needs 20 units in the next few days if it was early planted. If it was planted in that 2nd window of the 20-25th October it should not. That’s my opinion

I have the CCC ready but feckin fog is stopping me again this morning.
Same thing happened yesterday morning so I put on the plough for the first half of the day, I felt a lot better after ploughing a few acres.

9E7B6184-66C6-4ADA-A989-5F298726AE2D.jpeg

ah sure its better to be at strong 30 this day of the year than 31, im not rushing in but id agree fertility and fungicide needed to keep oats clean, they get messy this time of year and best avoid looking at them

Warm weather in February leaves us open to anything in March,

Whats "wxxxxr" bar about?

I knew someone would ask!

Ploughing after trial plots, I use it to sight line at angles to the plots using corners of the field.
Hard to explain but it gives me straight lines that are exactly parallel to a given side of the portion that I’m ploughing.
As a result, I can position my trial plots in a way that the rows get sunshine uniformly as the sun crosses the southern sky.

:lol::lol:
Actually, the white stick was just left on the ground from last year’s plots and I stuck it in a hole on the front linkage to save me walking too far with it.

Ploughing after trial plots, I use it to sight line at angles to the plots using corners of the field.
Hard to explain but it gives me straight lines that are exactly parallel to a given side of the portion that I’m ploughing.
As a result, I can position my trial plots in a way that the rows get sunshine uniformly as the sun crosses the southern sky.

:lol::lol:
Actually, the white stick was just left on the ground from last year’s plots and I stuck it in a hole on the front linkage to save me walking too far with it.

Put it down as wanker bar so :Thumbp2:

Remind us again was it you built Newgrange? :lol:

Dont mind the others, I really like the shed, would love to have one that size.:Thumbp2:

The aforementioned oats got 2.0 CCC, 0.2 Moddus, Cameo, Talius, Corbel and Talius yesterday. Have been told to give it 30 units nitro as well.

Back