Winter Oats 2019

Ask who ever looks at the crops for you what they are recommending and why, start asking questions of them and you’ll start from there
My agronomist wants to put out 1.5 liters Tocata per hectare and 0.5 liters Modem- seems like over kill to me and a very expensive T1.

I am not a fan of Tocata, the Flexity in it no longer works. I like to get ahead of mildew using Talius early and find once it is under control most fungicides will keep it under control.

Septoria be sound that way, not to worry @nashmach PK has a bottle for the job :whistle:

You must have made a call for me :whistle:

20190315_171748.jpg

It won't reach my target left on the trailer, 4 bags of 10/8/25 to the acre when it dries up next week ASAP .

A few days later going with CCC, Diamant and Super Mn.

My agronomist had the same view as BB that it's one of the cleanest crops around :blink:

You must have made a call for me :whistle:

View attachment 63941

It won't reach my target left on the trailer, 4 bags of 10/8/25 to the acre when it dries up next week ASAP .

A few days later going with CCC, Diamant and Super Mn.

My agronomist had the same view as BB that it's one of the cleanest crops around :blink:
Ah he tells everyone that
I didn’t say anything but he’d be on the ball. Plenty of time next week
I might even put some N on next week

Not overly thick but will probably spray next week because the forecast looks ok so it would be a job done before I get busy at Spring work.

Where that yellowing is in the distance in the picture used be a huge patch of nothing but nettles that would grow higher then the bonnet of a tractor. The wb went absolutely flat here last year. The oats doesn't seem to like it near as much and is thin in it. Nettles are long since gone but something must be in the soil.
20190313_124318.jpg

I don’t think it’s mildew though?

Hard to be 100% sure looking at the picture but there appears to be a lot of mildew on the lower leaves of the crop?
The yellowing on the tops of the leaves could be a result of the mildew.
Winter barley will often be yellow if there’s a lot of mildew in it.

You must have gotten a lot more rain than we did DP.

My father put around 3.75 bags of 10.8.25 on mine today. Conditions were excellent considering he said with barely a mark left despite spreading with the 3600.

You must have gotten a lot more rain than we did DP.

My father put around 3.75 bags of 10.8.25 on mine today. Conditions were excellent considering he said with barely a mark left despite spreading with the 3600.
We must have. Things soaked well yesterday but the day before we had water laying on the land.

Went with CCC, Mn and Diamant this afternoon. Felt it was better to go today rather than a few days time with frost forecast.

28 units on almost 5 weeks now going tomorrow again. Plan to put on about 100 total should I split the remaing 70 how much are others planning?

Back