Winter Wheat 2018

I was afraid of something like that.
Is it in circular patches in the field?
Did you spray it with something hot?
Probably BYDV as @Blackwater boy say, but I think I can see a kink in the leaves which would lead me to ask about hot spray, spray on one of the days with bad frost?
I didn't mind what way it is just that there's bits of it scattered around the field. I did first notice it after spraying. Before that it was perfectly green.

Is it in circular patches in the field?
Did you spray it with something hot?
Probably BYDV as @Blackwater boy say, but I think I can see a kink in the leaves which would lead me to ask about hot spray, spray on one of the days with bad frost?
Had a better look at it and it's only affecting the top 3rd of the highest leaf of some of the plants. Lower down in the crop it's nice and green. It's scattered uniformly all over the field. It was cool enough when I sprayed it. I'll look up what it got when I'm in later.

Had a better look at it and it's only affecting the top 3rd of the highest leaf of some of the plants. Lower down in the crop it's nice and green. It's scattered uniformly all over the field. It was cool enough when I sprayed it. I'll look up what it got when I'm in later.
Is it worse where you doubled the sprayer? If it is then maybe it’s a scorch, how long ago did you spray it

Gave the wheat plots their T1 today. (1.8 Adexar + 1.0 Bravo).

Used a regular 04 flat fan and I’m happy enough with the coverage. I’ve been having my doubts about coverage with the low drift nozzles - more so for jobs like Septoria control where coverage is vital.

Lower leaves getting toasted by Septoria.

It’s always a bit of a compromise regarding timing with the plots as the different varieties are at different stages of leaf emergence.

AE991F0B-69AC-4795-891A-CD54E3C5D577.jpeg C75BB710-4DAB-452C-A43B-7C361913C377.jpeg 924231D3-45EB-47CC-B47D-9F5BF055C3E3.jpeg 6EB32304-E16A-4143-8C9F-E7D645D90DD1.jpeg

Sprayed 50ha of wheat with it's T1, despite being so late some of my Rockefeller is not really fully at Gs32, but the neighbour's Bennington is nearer Gs33. I used Velogy Era @ 0.875L/ha, 1L/ha of generic Bravo, 3kg/ha of Combitop and 0.3L/ha of Mancozin, 0.25L/ha of Sonis and 0.5L/ha of CeCeCe.
He used similar, but Adexar instead of the Elatus Era and no CeCeCe.
IMG_20180510_164633.jpg IMG_20180510_164628.jpg
The Alister flex worked well for him.

IMG_5707.jpg October sown JB Diego pushing out its flag leaf. Considering it's only 8 days since receiving its T1, the interval to the T2 is going to be short. I'll stick with the Librax + CTL plan and wait till all flag leaves are fully out before going in. A mainly dry week ahead will help reduce disease pressure.

View attachment 54174 October sown JB Diego pushing out its flag leaf. Considering it's only 8 days since receiving its T1, the interval to the T2 is going to be short. I'll stick with the Librax + CTL plan and wait till all flag leaves are fully out before going in. A mainly dry week ahead will help reduce disease pressure.
Had you 2nd leaf on the way out when you sprayed? How are septoria levels up your way, some crops are rotten down here, if this coming week had been wet and mild then it would be a disaster.

Had you 2nd leaf on the way out when you sprayed? How are septoria levels up your way, some crops are rotten down here, if this coming week had been wet and mild then it would be a disaster.
Just a very odd leaf 2 peeping at the time. It has absolutely flew through the growth stages. Lots of disease down in the bottom of the Diego but the elatus has done well at holding it. Costello much cleaner. If septoria can be held from climbing up the crop over the next 2 weeks we should be ok.

This is a crop of triticale I have to spray for a neighbor, rotten with mildew, any suggestions?

Attachments

• DSC_2388.JPG
    DSC_2388.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 52
Oh lord. Ah about .6 Corbel and .25 talius but unfortunately I don’t think your going to shift it, your best hope is keep it down where it is
Yeah I was thinking along those lines. I don't get involved in the agronomy there but I have real issues with agronomy provided. It was the same story last year, the first spray was teb only and he told the farmer in question it would control mildew and zero interest in using Talius. Also sown far to heavy which does not help. I can only say what I think and leave it to them.

Thanks for that, I will probably try to use a combination of all, have seen plenty of yellow rust a few years ago, early in the season but no signs at the moment. Getting into the canopy will be difficult, perhaps more water will help, but it is a rescue mission at best.

Brought the wheat up to 190units yesterday, what looked like a thin crop is now looking like a crop with loads of potential. For once I got my spray time right and it’s spotless . Flag is rolled in the last leaf so should see it late next week.

Back