Winter Wheat 2019

The phone got dropped into a bucket of dirty diesel during the summer and the auto focus is now gone mad, I may refrain from posting pics from now on, they are way worse when I see them on the computer.

Oh no you don't!

If the lads were ploughing in front of one of your drill men, thruways get a fright!!

Oh no you don't!

If the lads were ploughing in front of one of your drill men, thruways get a fright!!
It's just gone hard to get the camera to work properly, the phone is ok other than that, a sabbatical on photos till Santy comes.
:lol:

I am afraid I will be driving the Ford focus for a few years to come .

Nice one., providing transport for the servants and showing that you are able to drive it..

In fairness I doubt you are a man that would rub it in with the staff saying things like "back in the day servants had to walk barefoot four miles across the estate lands to work whereupon arriving at work they could ONLY THEN put on the work provided footwear"

Now they get a focus and his lordship even takes it for a spin...

Real empathy stuff there @Bog Man... respect... it's no wonder the estate escaped the wa of independence....

(I best log out now)

Nice one., providing transport for the servants and showing that you are able to drive it..

In fairness I doubt you are a man that would rub it in with the staff saying things like "back in the day servants had to walk barefoot four miles across the estate lands to work whereupon arriving at work they could ONLY THEN put on the work provided footwear"

Now they get a focus and his lordship even takes it for a spin...

Real empathy stuff there @Bog Man... respect... it's no wonder the estate escaped the wa of independence....

(I best log out now)
They were hardly going to burn down a house when their own men were in it and there was no Garrison Sports played on the front lawn .

Whereabouts are you? I hadn’t seen pics from you before
Near Ludlow Shropshire, family farm about 10 miles away across the border into Herefordshire. Can’t post much from my place (20000 turkeys) so only get pictures from parents place if something’s occurring when I’m there.
Used to do all my posting on TFF but I’m persona non grata there now, poked Clive and jp1 too many times with a blunt stick.

Near Ludlow Shropshire, family farm about 10 miles away across the border into Herefordshire. Can’t post much from my place (20000 turkeys) so only get pictures from parents place if something’s occurring when I’m there.
Used to do all my posting on TFF but I’m persona non grata there now, poked Clive and jp1 too many times with a blunt stick.
PW your welcome here

Unlike that other group of reprobates you associate with :whistle:

Sprayed off the Bean stubble with a little Glypho and Rape oil to kill off the many vol. beans and grass weeds.
Hope to sow Bennington over the weekend.

Andy Doyle recommending 6.5 stone this week:scratchhead:. Went with 9 yesterday. Part of it would be very wet. Too early I know..

Andy Doyle recommending 6.5 stone this week:scratchhead:. Went with 9 yesterday. Part of it would be very wet. Too early I know..

I heard about this. I cannot make any sense of it (I didn't see it as I cant remember when I last read the IFJ, I can never remember the my online password).

While soil conditions are in general excellent and seed is a bit smaller than normal, 6.5stn doesn't add up to me.

Even if you chose Cellule which has a small seed size - lets say 40 grams this year. Germination of 97%. Field losses of 10%.

I plant all my plots and crops to establish 300-310 plants/m2. I used to be lower but have found over time that I get more yield if I go up to this level.

So to establish 310 plants, I need 356 seeds. At 40 grams, I need 9 stone per acre.

Even with the smallest seed like Cellule, 6.5stn would only sow 255 seeds/m2 - nuts.

Most wheat varieties I have seen this year are in the region of 47-48 grams which at 6.5 stn would only sow 212 seeds/m2. Apply 90% establishment (good going) then you only end up with 190 plants/m2..........:undecided:

I heard about this. I cannot make any sense of it (I didn't see it as I cant remember when I last read the IFJ, I can never remember the my online password).

While soil conditions are in general excellent and seed is a bit smaller than normal, 6.5stn doesn't add up to me.

Even if you chose Cellule which has a small seed size - lets say 40 grams this year. Germination of 97%. Field losses of 10%.

I plant all my plots and crops to establish 300-310 plants/m2. I used to be lower but have found over time that I get more yield if I go up to this level.

So to establish 310 plants, I need 356 seeds. At 40 grams, I need 9 stone per acre.

Even with the smallest seed like Cellule, 6.5stn would only sow 255 seeds/m2 - nuts.

Most wheat varieties I have seen this year are in the region of 47-48 grams which at 6.5 stn would only sow 212 seeds/m2. Apply 90% establishment (good going) then you only end up with 190 plants/m2..........:undecided:
I would consider those rates as only suitable for mid September.

I'd read it too, he said the same the week before. Maybe it's a rehashed mistake?
I sowed Graham first wheat last weekend at 9 stone, it was 50tgw. Its a slow developer. More because thats the quantity I had for the acreage!

Back