Workshop Compressor

Post the details if you can please. A friend is looking for something around that size at the moment.

My brother's email to me.

They have an offer on the MX1008 at the moment of £529 plus Vat plus delivery of £49 to Britain. It looks like a good machine. The guy said it is a better balanced machine than the 150 litre unit which cuts in and out alot more. It would come in about €150 dearer than the Jefferson one available locally.

Lads my 3hp belt driven compressor (Italian middle of the road job) has been hard started in cold weather the last few winters but it's gone worse now.it will spin a bit them the overload on the motor trips.
When you hit the red switch on top of the electric control unit it lets off a blast of air which leads me to presume it's not trying to start under load but maybe I'm wrong
Got this sorted.changed the oil in the pump and it's improved a lot.
Oil seemed ok but must have been a bit thicker with age

Screwed up big time. There was a stain on oil level window but compressor was low and so it seized tiday. I stopped it before it totally seized as heard a noise and noticed it very hot. One of the con rods scored and has closed its oil track. Are these repairable anyone know? A pity as everything else even bearings are fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 77
Screwed up big time. There was a stain on oil level window but compressor was low and so it seized tiday. I stopped it before it totally seized as heard a noise and noticed it very hot. One of the con rods scored and has closed its oil track. Are these repairable anyone know? A pity as everything else even bearings are fine.

usually a serious overlap between compressors for parts. I have sorted a similar problem and got parts of compressed air up your side

My Chinese con rod finally arrived!!
@Ozzy Scott what did you use when replacing the gaskets - did you make new paper gaskets? or some instant gasket sealant?

Yes it's there a paper gasket cleaned off one side. I think I might chance the instant gasket just not sure

Attachments

• IMG_0609.JPG
    IMG_0609.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 45
Not worth starting a thread for this on it's own.i mentioned earlier this thread that I bought a dewalt 18v impact gun.
Was at the baler lately and there is a 46mm nut on the end of the rollers which tends to be fairly tight.
This sounds ridiculous but the 1/2" battery gun loosened them.
It's some yoke for the size of it

Not worth starting a thread for this on it's own.i mentioned earlier this thread that I bought a dewalt 18v impact gun.
Was at the baler lately and there is a 46mm nut on the end of the rollers which tends to be fairly tight.
Wat torque has it? With only two settings on my milwaukee i find number 1 hasnt enough juzz to do much and then number is too powerful for a lot of things!

I have the Milwaukee 3/4” and was hoping it I’d be fit for that but I don’t think it is. 3/4” air gun is stronger than the battery one and it took the 1” air gun to open the last one I was at. Of course it all depends on who tightened it up last and how long ago.

I loosened three or four with it.
One I couldn't get at took a fair pull with a 5 foot bar. It hammers very hard.takes a while hammering then off she pops.
I tightened pad bolts on the digger lately with it then gave them a belt of the inch air gun.
It brought them a small bit more

Anyone where a motor could be picked up cheaply for a compressor?

Reliance bearing in Cork would be a good bet. Got one there before for a compressor and couldn’t believe how cheap it was (can’t remember how much it was).

Back