Workshop heater

Have spent the last hr trying to get a new sip fireball to work with no avail. Now it's possibly 8 yrs old and never taken out of the box till tonight. Fan ain't turning which is leading us to believe the brushes in the motor ain't right . Haven't ripped it tonight due to a lack of tools ( 0 tools in said place ) . Anyone had a similar issue / ideas what might be amiss .
Try to turn the fan with a screwdriver to see if it's stuck, while it's plugged out obviously. Capacitor fault or switch maybe.
MF30

Have spent the last hr trying to get a new sip fireball to work with no avail. Now it's possibly 8 yrs old and never taken out of the box till tonight. Fan ain't turning which is leading us to believe the brushes in the motor ain't right . Haven't ripped it tonight due to a lack of tools ( 0 tools in said place ) . Anyone had a similar issue / ideas what might be amiss .

Unlikely to be brushes in the motor, normally its a simple induction motor,

See will the motor spin with a screwdriver

Lads how many hrs would you get out of a tank of diesel with the heater . Want to keep it running all night .

Lads how many hrs would you get out of a tank of diesel with the heater . Want to keep it running all night .
The one here uses around 6 to 7 litres an hour but it's a fairly big one. Think it holds around 30 litres. Not cheap to run.
MF30

Did the spinning trick work for you? Same lead and heater here!!! Should one unwind the lead to avoid it heating? Was wondering this myself the other evening.
The lead would need to be fully unrolled if you were drawing the maximum amount of amps possible but running a fan or something less than 1000 watts it should be fine rolled up. Can't remember the power consumption of a space heater but don't think it's much.
MF30

Cheer`s for all yer info lad`s
Did the spinning trick work for you? Same lead and heater here!!! Should one unwind the lead to avoid it heating? Was wondering this myself the other evening.
Yes and no . Ended up taking the entire motor and fuel pump apart . Spinning it with the pump connected to the motor it would over load and cut out . But with the pump removed it would work . Reconnected the pump and put wd40 through the pump as it was spinning and eventually it would stay going . Reckon it was a case of it never been used from new and been 8yr`s idle . It`s going now and will be going all night .

does it work better if put down in the pit or would it be better up higher blowing directly onto the plant?

I`ll let you know in the morning . Have it down in the pit in work thinking being that heat rise`s .:unsure:
i kept mine up where the cows stand last night and it worked well but your thinking might be correct although some of the heat would be lost by the time it hits the pulsation equipment

i kept mine up where the cows stand last night and it worked well but your thinking might be correct although some of the heat would be lost by the time it hits the pulsation equipment
The pulsation didnt freeze in work last night . It was the cluster`s that were the issue . Have salt put through the parlour aswell to help prevent it freezing again .

I’m wondering what the consequences regarding fodder will be from this cold snap. Two weeks ago, many thought they had 1 month of silage left.
Soil temps will take a big hit now and the forecasts I’m seeing are giving wet and cold weather till mid March at least.
Grass would have received quite a burning before the snow from that harsh wind, the lawn here certainly appeared to shrink.

I’m wondering what the consequences regarding fodder will be from this cold snap. Two weeks ago, many thought they had 1 month of silage left.
Soil temps will take a big hit now and the forecasts I’m seeing are giving wet and cold weather till mid March at least.
Grass would have received quite a burning before the snow from that harsh wind, the lawn here certainly appeared to shrink.
It's unbelievable how much extra livestock can eat in the really cold weather; come to think of it everyone in this house are grazing hard too after firing snowballs and making snow angels all day..dinner wouldn't be gone and the next meal would be getting consideration fairly soon after. As with cattle, hope the feed doesn't run out any time soon.
MF30

I said about a week ago that fodder was fairly freely available in our area. Took 2 calls yesterday looking for silage, as many as we can supply and no question of price and that was from local lads so I may have called that putt a bit early.

Lads.thinkng of buying a workshop heater.
Had a diesel blow heater before which did the job but I hate the noise.
There are infra red kereosene heaters that run a lot quiter I believe and suppose to use less fuel.
I might also use it for heating an open shed for parties so it would have to be fairly quiet.
Does anyone have any experience of these?

Lads.thinkng of buying a workshop heater.
Had a diesel blow heater before which did the job but I hate the noise.
There are infra red kereosene heaters that run a lot quiter I believe and suppose to use less fuel.
I might also use it for heating an open shed for parties so it would have to be fairly quiet.
Does anyone have any experience of these?
Thought infra red heaters were electric only? I run a diesel blow heater the odd time but run it on kerosene for cleanliness.
My preferred heater is a Thermobile AT400 oil burner, fumes are exhausted outside the building.

Thought infra red heaters were electric only? I run a diesel blow heater the odd time but run it on kerosene for cleanliness.
My preferred heater is a Thermobile AT400 oil burner, fumes are exhausted outside the building.
There are infra red space heaters that burn kerosene as the main heat source, that's the type I'm considering. I dont want to mad money,less than 1k anyway

Back