Workshop heater

Usually it’s the inbuilt thermometer cuts ,it thinks it overheating and cuts out try removing it and putting on a normal switch

The smaller one,the 70000 btu one I am thinking of.it can be bought a little over 500 inc vat nearer home

I am not a fan of them kerosene heaters tbh, recently saw the one in my link working in a friends shed, quieter and less fumes, but you are still breathing fumes afaics

Maybe not the healthiest to be in a confined area with a lot.they do say for use in a well ventilated area.it wont see much use here anyway

The standard kerosene blow heater is grand for short bursts, it gives intense heat instantly but the noise is quite loud and fumes will build up. You get too hot quickly if working in front of it and when switched off you’d feel the cold right away. They can be got with a chimney which can be piped outside to ventilate but are pricey.

The standard kerosene blow heater is grand for short bursts, it gives intense heat instantly but the noise is quite loud and fumes will build up. You get too hot quickly if working in front of it and when switched off you’d feel the cold right away. They can be got with a chimney which can be piped outside to ventilate but are pricey.
How are you finding the Thermobile?

How are you finding the Thermobile?
Very good, it’s heating a 3000 sq ft workshop handy and uses about 2 to 3 gallons of oil in a handy day. Small bit of cleaning ash out but less than a minute daily. Quiet enough to have a conversation in front of it and a powerful fan in it to drive the heat around.

Very good, it’s heating a 3000 sq ft workshop handy and uses about 2 to 3 gallons of oil in a handy day. Small bit of cleaning ash out but less than a minute daily. Quiet enough to have a conversation in front of it and a powerful fan in it to drive the heat around.
Thanks. Is Paddy Callan the main Irish dealer?

Any ideas why my space heater would be doing this ? It has a flame out the front is it too much fuel or air? Would changeing the jet be an option ? The screw at back seams to do nothing .

Attachments

• 2C98E632-137D-40FA-A311-D08BB8DEA214.jpeg
    2C98E632-137D-40FA-A311-D08BB8DEA214.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 58
  • E8F8138C-9FC9-44C2-AF55-192F874061BF.jpeg
    E8F8138C-9FC9-44C2-AF55-192F874061BF.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 55
Any ideas why my space heater would be doing this ? It has a flame out the front is it too much fuel or air? Would changeing the jet be an option ? The screw at back seams to do nothing .
Put the cover back on and try it again, it needs the full cover to control airflow.

Back