Workshop storage

View attachment 39005 View attachment 39004 I just used a board of plywood. Lots of nails and screws in the right place to suit all tools. Got the little boxes on the wall in Aldi but need to put up a shelve to store drill bit boxes and tap and die sets and so on. They taking up to much room on the bench
What's the worktop made from , my shed used to look like that before the silage started !!! A day will sort it out

image.png image.png
What's the worktop made from , my shed used to look like that before the silage started !!! A day will sort it out
I need to clean this up a bit more to. It was terrible a few weeks ago as I hadn't set foot in the shed for weeks being away at work. (The father wouldn't be the best for putting things back)
The bench blocks built up with 6x3 timbers all held together by plates underneath and then secured down to the block work. Then I have 3x3 6mm angle around the edge and then have 5mm steel covering the rest of the bench screwed down trough countersunk holes. Have the vice bolted down and then reinforced to the block work. Hasn't loosened yet and it's in 2 years. It's a good strong bench and has got a good few compliments and I know of one of them people who complimented me built the very same bench the very same way in his workshop

Thanks for all the ideas guys,starting to make a bit of progress,had a good few bits n pieces left over from the new house and twas all stored in the shed,put a load of bits n pieces up on donedeal and it seems there's a customer out there for most things,just to meet them.. seriously considering loading up the Jeep some Sunday morning and heading to the local car boot sale,should be a good way to shift on a bit of stuff that I'n all probability will never be used,still wouldn't have the heart and anyway it would b a sin to dump it.i need to get few more bits n pieces for the workshop and could be a good way to help fund them..

Got this on amazon wasn't expensive mightent be snap on quality but is a nice tool chest all the same..
20180213_155025.jpg
The price is on amazon by the way! :clap:

Looks well there i take it your a big fan of the wera tools have they only been in ireland lately? I had never heard of them until your other wera tool post a while back there

How's it going? Ya I only heard of them myself not so long ago, the top sockets are stahlwille which I'm a huge fan of, wera are excellent quality also with the zyklop multi angle head on the ratchet, really handy because it turns into a ratcheting screwdriver with bits, torx and sockets.. I also have wera screwdrivers which have a fantastic grip on their handles so yes a big fan!

If you guys are anything like me then we need to get ruthless and clear the fookin lot out

My ol man is a hoarder through and through
Fill a shed and move on
We on our 3rd workshop since i was born and theres crap in the 1st one that he still wont throw away:curse:

If you guys are anything like me then we need to get ruthless and clear the fookin lot out

My ol man is a hoarder through and through
Fill a shed and move on
We on our 3rd workshop since i was born and theres crap in the 1st one that he still wont throw away:curse:
And of course he knows exactly where everything is :lol::lol: yea right. Have one of them here too.
Small story. Was in a old shed today ( you know the type) and amongst things what did I see and have too laugh at, a door of a tractor that's gone nearly thirty years :unsure:. Oh yeah he hates having both doors on a tractor. If he can't get one off easily it usually ends up getting broken off from been left open and catching off something :speechless::speechless:

Back