wormer/ flukicide

Only used that today, we find that very good this time of the year and later on.

Albex at all others plus Ectospec or similar pour on for lice etc.

False economy not treating for lice while on grass.

fairly cheap too

(i dont pay those prices);)

Only used that today, we find that very good this time of the year and later on.

Albex at all others plus Ectospec or similar pour on for lice etc.

False economy not treating for lice while on grass.

Do you really think so?. We'd never treat cattle with pouron while their out.

used levafas diamond a few years ago and lost a cow to dehydration because of the good results it had with fluke. still use it now as that was a one off, trodax was used and didnt work at all. zanil last year before a follow up of levafas diamond as far as i can remember, but spaced well apart

Must give that stuff a go. I use trodax which works well enough but I think its a good idea to rotate treatments to lessen the risk of resistance.

Use mainly oral drenches here and a specific lice/fly pour on with heifers. I am much happier with the results from the white doses over the pour ons. Any time we do use a pour on, Bimectin is our mectin of choice. Its a very flukey farm here so we dose the cows 2 while dry, 4 weeks apart and then a third dose when they calve, sounds overkill, but any year they didn't get the third dose you'd know about it. Did have a run of rumen fluke here a few years back and used Pharmazan. Ozyclozanide is the ingredient you need to look for to treat rumen fluke. Rather than wrestling very heavy in calf cows in the crush, the last couple of years we mixed meal and Alex and fed it to them.

Used bimectin plus injection this year I'm delighted with the results.
After using pouron s and not happy with the results I'll stick with injections from now on .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back