you have two choices with cattle

the american's must see something in beef as i heard there now fattening freisian heifer's as there will be more to be made off them than in milk

I'd be more interested in buying 1/4 bred dairy heifers for breeding than 1/2 bred. If you are breeding weinlings to sell off 1/2 bred dairy cows then the fine bone is very noticeable and it can take some value off your calf. You're talking about €600 vs €1000 weinlings. When someone is paying for something, you have to provide exactly what they want.

On the flip side, I certainly would be happy enough to be breeding cattle of 1/2 dairy cows if i was finishing all of my own stock myself.

i'd hardly call a fleckvieh fine boned tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy0RRBCINgY&list=UUAHvn0VjVKVUY20QVDe-3-w&index=2&feature=plcp

So exporters would be knocking each other over around the ring to by my Charolais X Fleckvieh bulls at 10 months old? Any examples of prices for these type of weinlings? Or is it venturing into the unknown?

As I said above, when someone is paying for something, you have to give them exactly what they are looking for. How many weinling buyers will pay as much for a Fleckvieh as for a Ch, LM or BB?

(I'm not knocking you, your system or your advice, I'm interested in knowing what interest is out there for these cattle?)

Never said what breed, holstiens are still cattle :whistling:

so how many farmers suckle holstiens and then sell them off the cow at around nine months ? , im referring to suckler enterprises

Perhaps. In the end will a falling/failing currency not bring down all currencies values?

currencies rise and fall against each other all the time and how weak or strong they are depends on which currency they are being measured against , the euro is weak right now v the dollar due to a rising american economy and a weak and unstable ( politically ) eurozone , the euro is also getting weaker due to looser monetary policy ( QE ) by the ECB which makes it less strong against the british pound too

the euro was unrealistically strong for a few years and is unlikely to regain that ground for a few years

i.e 1.40 v the dollar or .87 v the pound

is the weak euro not keeping prices up. wth a huge porportion of ur beef being exported to britain does this not in effect make us look like a good option to buy off. with the high value of the dollar too and their high prices on beef a kilo of beef from ireland would look very economical along with our super green image.

Back