Your first music album.

When I see that album cover, I realise I had it. God knows where it ever went. Then maybe 89 or 90 would look right for the 1st concert.

They played one of the first Feile in thurles, real early on the Saturday. And spent the rest of the weekend working on the turnstiles!

I had some saw doctors albums in the 90's, the one with the hay baling song on it definately. where i was at uni there was for some reason a lot of irish people there, there was a guy called tom who often had a saw doctors tee shirt on. Think i might have bought one of their records to see what they were about.

Think the first album i bought was steve earle's Exit Zero. There's a song on there called 'the rain came down' about farming, specifically about the hard times the american farmers were having in the 80's, it's still one of my favourite songs to this day

Old man loaded up everything they owned,
On the wagon, and headed out west,
Old woman fearlessly faced the unknown,
Because she figured he knew what was best,
and they settled down hard on the government grant,
With six mouths to feed,
And forty acres to plant

And the rain came down,
Like an angel coming down from above,
And the rain came down.
It'll wash you away, but it ain't never enough.

Fall turned to winter, another year down.
Over and over again,
Some took their lives from the land and moved on,
And some stayed on a ploughed it back in,
Well the good Lord He giveth, and He taketh away,
And the restless shall go, and the faithful shall stay.

Well my grand daddy died in the room he was born in,
Twenty two summers ago,
But I could have sworn he's beside me this morning,
When the sheriff showed up at my door,
So don't come round here with your auctioneer man,
Because you can have my machines,
But you ain't taking my land.

Ooh,Copperhead Road and Galway girl..:thumbup: Local parish priest has galway girl as a ring tone on his phone, [MENTION=3007]Tippcon[/MENTION] knows who I mean.

Ooh,Copperhead Road and Galway girl..:thumbup: Local parish priest has galway girl as a ring tone on his phone, [MENTION=3007]Tippcon[/MENTION] knows who I mean.

Aye he wouldn't have much of a notion about who Steve Earle is though:D

Saw him live a few times, last time was in Germany 7 or 8 years ago on a solo acoustic tour. Always puts on a good show. Steve Earle that is, not the Reverend Father.

"I learned a thing or two from Charlie don't you know, you'd better stay away from Copperhead Road"

We went to see Steve when he was playing in Derby a couple of years ago, it was a great crack, i've got his new album, the low highway, it's damn good.

Aye he wouldn't have much of a notion about who Steve Earle is though:D

Saw him live a few times, last time was in Germany 7 or 8 years ago on a solo acoustic tour. Always puts on a good show. Steve Earle that is, not the Reverend Father.

Saw him in Belvedere Hse Country music festival maybe 7 or 8 years ago. Mundy played there as well, the 2 of them did Galway Girl. Mundy played there in a circus big top. The tent nearly went into orbit at the chorus of "July"!

Saw him in Belvedere Hse Country music festival maybe 7 or 8 years ago. Mundy played there as well, the 2 of them did Galway Girl. Mundy played there in a circus big top. The tent nearly went into orbit at the chorus of "July"!

Mundy is a good live act too, a real crowd pleaser. Saw him support Dylan a couple of times, Oasis in Marlay Park, haven't seen him headline for years. He saved Paddy Casey from being lynched at a festival in Galway one time, the miniature mop-head was out of his depth and the crowd was getting restless, Mundy had already played his set but came back out and sang Mexico and everybody was happy again.

James Blunt- All the lost souls
Dont judge me, i was only a gossin [emoji14]

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

220px-Genesis_-_Live.jpg

It was an embarrassing story to tell but really appreciated because it was given by a close friend don’t remember what is was great album but kind of awkward to tell its simply because I’m a man and it’s a women’s album I’m actually not a kind hearted one.

Back