your profit per acre

god tim it must be the only meeting ever held that lads came out of and never mentioned it again:D as for not exaggerating the figures sure nobody grows less than 3 ton of barley or has cows giving less than 600 ltrs,i was surprised last yr when our advisor said the national average yield is 400 ltrs i don,t know where he got the figure from but it must be correct

And the national average for spring barley is 2.7tn afaik.

god tim it must be the only meeting ever held that lads came out of and never mentioned it again:D as for not exaggerating the figures sure nobody grows less than 3 ton of barley or has cows giving less than 600 ltrs,i was surprised last yr when our advisor said the national average yield is 400 ltrs i don,t know where he got the figure from but it must be correct

600/400litres or 6000 and 4000litres? I'd certainly estimate the national yield is alot closer to 4k than 6k. We have a herd of mostly HOs, our average yield was only 4kl when we use to fatten up culls etc and we were carrying lots of passagers. I've got it up to 5300 last year, and hopefully will be about 5500 this year. The thing that smears the figures are yields per lactation instead of per year, my average might be 5300 but I got the odd cow who did 10klitres over about 400days of a lactation, which figure do ya think I'll be bragging about down the pub ha :p

And yeh someone over on the maize in Donegal thread said something like anyone can grow 5tons/acre of wholecrop ha, if the average is only 2.7 the country must be full of idiots ha.

600/400litres or 6000 and 4000litres? I'd certainly estimate the national yield is alot closer to 4k than 6k. We have a herd of mostly HOs, our average yield was only 4kl when we use to fatten up culls etc and we were carrying lots of passagers. I've got it up to 5300 last year, and hopefully will be about 5500 this year. The thing that smears the figures are yields per lactation instead of per year, my average might be 5300 but I got the odd cow who did 10klitres over about 400days of a lactation, which figure do ya think I'll be bragging about down the pub ha :p

6000 and 4000 ltrs:blushing::blushing:

And yeh someone over on the maize in Donegal thread said something like anyone can grow 5tons/acre of wholecrop ha, if the average is only 2.7 the country must be full of idiots ha.

that i said in jest, if 5t per ha was the average for wheat I would be up there with the best of them :D

Back