Zero grazers

How are the cows responding 6480. ? Are proteins and yields up . Certainly seems to be getting popular.

never found the thrive to be outstanding from zero grazing, if indoor feed was good you would see no kick on, but it would be costing a fair pence less than winter feed

I seen a Grass Tech in passing today and the wheels on the rear axle aren't following directly behind the front axle wheels i.e. the back axle is narrower than the front. Would that help with flotation and less damage to ground?

That was one of the first models they made. A design flaw which was changed not long after. Looked a great idea and might be fine on flat fields but I think there was issues for those using it on hilly fields.
One of that design that was working few miles from here had a incident last Sunday . Namely the axle was torn off it going by the description I was given . Was turning left at a cross and the driver side wheels / axle gave way .

Cut a load with my uncles new zero grazer on Sunday there only after remembering how much of a pita it is. They really need to make a self propelled version.
Or could some genius not put an auger on the back of a mounted mower like pottinger have now and have the trailer run in line and only have the mower out to the side in operation?

A zero grazer does the job on a handy enough tractor.front mower and wagon is megabucks new comparatively and requires a heavier tractor with fl and pto which is rare on a farm

Or a front mower on a wagon a zero grazer is a fine dear machine to do what numerous others will do but I might be wrong.
I think a lot of machinery goes in and out of fashion
Front mounted mower are near always fitted with a conditioner and a silage wagon has a rotor after the pickup. Both of these damage the grass making it not as palatable for the cows to eat . So I've been told could be a load of crap mind

Drum mower on the front would solve that problem. Keeping the floor moving back so the grass is not squashed going in would do no harm either

Front mounted mower are near always fitted with a conditioner and a silage wagon has a rotor after the pickup. Both of these damage the grass making it not as palatable for the cows to eat . So I've been told could be a load of crap mind
The bruising of the grass tends to make it heat quicker, the elevator on the zero grazers tbf are a good job. The grass will last a day easily enough before heating

The bruising of the grass tends to make it heat quicker, the elevator on the zero grazers tbf are a good job. The grass will last a day easily enough before heating
i may have a zero graze job. ....if its cut and lifted with the wagon with blades out,and not packing it, so 2 smaller loads .....

Will it work:sweat:

i may have a zero graze job. ....if its cut and lifted with the wagon with blades out,and not packing it, so 2 smaller loads .....

Will it work:sweat:
It'll work all right but the grass might heat a little on the second day . Last year we zero grazed with the Baler at work and only down side to it was the time and manpower it took . Cows took no heed of the bit of heat in the grass .

It'll work all right but the grass might heat a little on the second day . Last year we zero grazed with the Baler at work and only down side to it was the time and manpower it took . Cows took no heed of the bit of heat in the grass .
Sounds like it might be a daily job for 3 weeks or so to feed 200 cows

Back