zero grazing next spring

most wagons would be able to run either without blades in or run on a half set for a 90mm chop,my lely can anyway

all wagons will run with no knives in , talk of the rotor damageing the grass are crap , just slow down the rev on the pto and no need to pack the wagon full.

grass will heat. the man I know claims the rotor did damage and it's a line used by zg companies I think.

What grass wont heat , Ive seen big swards of grass left in the field heating before they were ever lifted. I seen a lump of grass left stuck in the pickup reel until the next day and it was pulled out hot.

yes but it lasted until the next day, if you are sore on the grass it won't last a day without heating. the elevator on our machine is the most gentle method i've seen, grass could last up to a day and a half until it would need to be pushed away from the feed passage.

uncle has a harvester type machine with a 2 drum mower that has a slow revolving blower directly behind the drums, the grass will last nearly a full day without heating.

When we were at it during the summer, the knives were knocked back, PTO speed lowered and didnt pack the load. Dont pile it up high and there's no problem with bruising and heating and rotors making cows roll over on their back and die!! Picked up grass here in the morning that wasn't finished until the end of the second day, it was starting to go at that stage, but there's absolutely no problem in getting a days feed in.

When we were at it during the summer, the knives were knocked back, PTO speed lowered and didnt pack the load. Dont pile it up high and there's no problem with bruising and heating and rotors making cows roll over on their back and die!! Picked up grass here in the morning that wasn't finished until the end of the second day, it was starting to go at that stage, but there's absolutely no problem in getting a days feed in.

Would imagine that most of the talk of wagons damaging grass was created by zerograzer sales men trying to put people of buying cheap wagons.

Personally Id much prefer to make a couple of hundred high dm high dmd bales on the outfarm in may and use them to fill any feed gaps on home farm throughout the year.

Would imagine that most of the talk of wagons damaging grass was created by zerograzer sales men trying to put people of buying cheap wagons.

Personally Id much prefer to make a couple of hundred high dm high dmd bales on the outfarm in may and use them to fill any feed gaps on home farm throughout the year.

thats ok too but its for mid march i want to get more grass into them from the out farm

A combination of both would be the best approach. Use the bales in wetter periods rather than zerograzing in wet conditions and putting wet grass on top of wet grass.

maybe that works for you, but the evidence ive seen says different.

Back