Zero turn baler

I would imagine tat would be beyond most peoples budget when going to buy a baler looks like a good idea

Can't see the pickup.... fine in light dry stuff as in the vid. But heavy wet rows...

And in a few years that could be fairly inturesting on the road! Don't swarthers have a tendency to pull doughnuts in the road?!
@Big Vern would agree?

I wouldn't be that fond of a belt baler myself but strangely many well to do farmers still buy them.

Surely you get my drift tippcon,,
I do, I do. It's not a machine for the Irish market anyway I would think. It's a belt baler that looks like it's made out of tinfoil, it's too wide for the highways and byways, and it's the wrong colour. The lack of visibility to the pick-up would be a major issue but I would presume the screen in the cab can show a picture from a suitably positioned camera, although as the lads have said I wouldn't like to be crawling under it to pull out lumps. Climbing over the engine bay to change a roll of net wrap might also be unpleasant. I'd also doubt it would come in a whole lot cheaper than a new baler and 150hp tractor.

Love the line "save your tractor for other jobs", spend a fortune on a one trick pony and look at it sitting the rest of the year.

That would be fair comment if the baler gave 5 times the output of a towed one..
I'm only pulling your leg, I know nothing about silage harvesters, would a SP have that much of an advantage over a modern trailed harvester?

I'm only pulling your leg, I know nothing about silage harvesters, would a SP have that much of an advantage over a modern trailed harvester?
Even more if you had top HP, a big enough row and the rest of the logistics.

It's a wonder it isn't developed. As part of the non stop baler they were making.
Maybe that idea is gone cold closer to home didn't deutz make a self propelled square baler that never took off?

It's a wonder it isn't developed. As part of the non stop baler they were making.
Maybe that idea is gone cold closer to home didn't deutz make a self propelled square baler that never took off?
Deutz had a self-propelled baler and a self-propelled forage harvester at the time, they were both dropped when Same took them over. They also stopped making their own combines for a while around the same time, they just wanted to concentrate on tractors.

Deutz had a self-propelled baler and a self-propelled forage harvester at the time, they were both dropped when Same took them over. They also stopped making their own combines for a while around the same time, they just wanted to concentrate on tractors.

There's one of those Balers down your direction I think, certainly in Tipperary anyway.

Didn't krone have a self propelled Baler on trial a good few yrs back . Based on there combi Baler and the cab and engine off a big m .

Back