Zetor 12471 no power!

Hi all ,
my 5 yr old zetor 12471 (130 ish)hp (3500 hrs) has developed a power problem after hitting 49 km/h down a hill with a load of bales .It never over revved and the needle always remained in the yellow as opposed to the red on the clock but a couple of miles later it lost a lot of its power in top gear. So much so that it would fall back from 44 km/h to 22 km/h at the slightest rise in the road.
Any way I changed the diesel filter and blew back the fuel line and replaced the air filter and it made no difference at all. I am now stumped as to what to look at next.All your suggestions will be most welcome.Thanks.

Check hoseing and clips connecting intercooler, turbo etc. If breaks were heated could rhey be dragging.

Check hoseing and clips connecting intercooler, turbo etc. If breaks were heated could rhey be dragging.

I had that problem before and it doesn't seem to be the cause now .brakes are fine as it free wheels no bother.I sent it down to my "super mechanic" who cleaned the thingymebob on the yokybus and blew out the laddiebuck and he thinks it is going a bit better,so fcuk it I'm not paying him till I know it is right.

I had that problem before and it doesn't seem to be the cause now .brakes are fine as it free wheels no bother.I sent it down to my "super mechanic" who cleaned the thingymebob on the yokybus and blew out the laddiebuck and he thinks it is going a bit better,so fcuk it I'm not paying him till I know it is right.

umm,

say, you come to me asking can i fix the tractor, im sure your not up for throwing massive money at the problem and you half indicate that.
i try to fix it as cheap as i can, i tell you, its going a lot better than it was, but not as id like it, but seeing since you are trying to keep the budget as low as possible and all that, you'r probably not convinced so you decide to try it out first, if it dosent meet your expiation, which if you hovered round the idea of not spending a lot of money on the problem in the first place, i can only imagine it wont, you decide not to pay me for it until i do repair it, so now im slightly caught.

it was enuf to get burnt like that once imo,
you drop something like that off here and ill agree with you all day long.
once your out of the yard, ill fix the problem, i wont spend stupid money on it without confirming it first, but it ill be a lot dearer than you would of imagined at the best of times.
you will leave a bit disgruntled over the price, but it ill still keep going after, and if not, im happy to rectify the problem after if it is anything i done wrong.
in that case its a win win.
price is long forgotten after quality is remembered imo.

i assume your super mechanic dosent read this forum.......

I can not see where he indicated he did not want to pay for a proper repair, or where he told his mechanic to skimp on the repair?
Once Zetor appears on a forecourt a lot of people assume it aint worth spending much on, and skimp on the service as it's only a Zetor. Park a expensive tarctor on the forecourt and service costs are expected to be high so the replace all the parts and charge for lunch break.
Tinman a bit quick to condem the owner before fixing the tractor, and what's worse, half a dozen tractor owners thanked him for fcukng them off.
BTW I fully agree with his concept of fix it right he first time.

Any joy?

What area are you in? I know a few real 'Super Zetor Mechanics' if your not far away they could have a look, or at least have a chat with them to see if they have an idea whats wrong.

Any joy?

What area are you in? I know a few real 'Super Zetor Mechanics' if your not far away they could have a look, or at least have a chat with them to see if they have an idea whats wrong.

Im in mid Leinster.I have to admit that having tried out the tractor today I do think it is pulling a great deal better,but for how long that will last I can only guess.I spoke with Super Mechanic (and paid him) and he said the exhaust recycling pipes were completely clogged up but that it should keep going until it clogs up again.He couldn't say why it was clogging or what if anything could be done to prevent it happening again!

First thing I do when I buy a diesle motor is blank the recycling pipe , and I run a 12445. More torque and less fuel by preventing exhaust fumes from entering the inlet manifold, so he must have tweaked sumit else while the hood was up.

I can not see where he indicated he did not want to pay for a proper repair, or where he told his mechanic to skimp on the repair?
Once Zetor appears on a forecourt a lot of people assume it aint worth spending much on, and skimp on the service as it's only a Zetor. Park a expensive tarctor on the forecourt and service costs are expected to be high so the replace all the parts and charge for lunch break.
Tinman a bit quick to condem the owner before fixing the tractor, and what's worse, half a dozen tractor owners thanked him for fcukng them off.
BTW I fully agree with his concept of fix it right he first time.

i wasnt condeming the op at all, or f'ing off anyone either, they cant all be wrong.
i was giving an example is all.
it was no reflection on the op in any way, i was just going on what he said.
im delighted he got it fixed, and that he paid his mechanic, who sounds like a fair enuf chap.

my post was aimed at perhaps, the likes of yourself, someone who assumes that if an old tractor landed in the yard here i wouldnt be too bothered about it, much rather work at the shiny kit and charge a fortune.
unfortunately, all the shiny kit is gone, not that i worked too much at it tbh, for the wee bit i do, its older kit neway.
there are some, who want the top job done for handy money, its not possible, sometimes yeah, but in the norm.
if something comes in here needing fixing, its done right, you will try not to blow the budget, at the same time, if its going to be dearer than expected, you keep the man in the loop so he knows what to expect, or decide.
i dont think i can work any fairer than that tbh.

no matter, there is no pleasing some hi.....:lol::lol:

i wasnt condeming the op at all, or f'ing off anyone either, they cant all be wrong.
i was giving an example is all.
it was no reflection on the op in any way, i was just going on what he said.
im delighted he got it fixed, and that he paid his mechanic, who sounds like a fair enuf chap.

my post was aimed at perhaps, the likes of yourself, someone who assumes that if an old tractor landed in the yard here i wouldnt be too bothered about it, much rather work at the shiny kit and charge a fortune.
unfortunately, all the shiny kit is gone, not that i worked too much at it tbh, for the wee bit i do, its older kit neway.
there are some, who want the top job done for handy money, its not possible, sometimes yeah, but in the norm.
if something comes in here needing fixing, its done right, you will try not to blow the budget, at the same time, if its going to be dearer than expected, you keep the man in the loop so he knows what to expect, or decide.
i dont think i can work any fairer than that tbh.

no matter, there is no pleasing some hi.....:lol::lol:

I don't like that post:fighting::fighting:

Back