Zetor fanatic saying hello .

greendragon3

hi all im new here and i just thought id say hello and say what an excellent well informed site this is , i heard about it through the grapevine so to speak and i thought id share some pictures and videos of our latest endeavors , we have always been ZETOR / INTERNATIONAL men at heart when we were contracting many many moons ago so we thought " why not get a nice classic project " to do up over the winter !!!!!

here is our first shot at it so to speak , my brothers IH 674 ,
DSC01886.jpg

funny story is he used to own it years ago and sold it as work dried up and the lad who bought it ran it literally into the ground , we got wind that he was going to send it to the scrapper so we bought it back and gave her a full overhaul , we are waiting to get a new set of doors and a rear window to complete her but all in all i think she came out good for our first try ,

anyway we got very brave then and bought a 2511 ZETOR which had broke into three bits from being slammed into a slurry pit at high speed and then left to die in the briars for about twenty years , needless to say it was small money and when we went to collect it it looked like this ,
troughsand3511004.jpg

troughsand3511007.jpg

troughsand3511008.jpg

troughsand3511010.jpg

hours of chopping and cutting and plenty of cursing later we got it loaded onto a trailer ,

then the fun really started , every moving part on it was completely seized solid , thank god for elbow grease and large cans of WD 40 !!!! ,

anyway enough raveling from me on my first post , i don't want to bore the non ZETOR fans among you , by the way we have been amassing the whole " 5 " series of ZETORS and we now have the full set so there will loads more pics to follow ,

thanks for looking , terry .

This place is going down hill fast. :001_unsure: Two nice ZEPHYRS .
My father had a Zephyr and it was not very lucky ,one windy night he was coming in past Sexsmiths Garage out side Carlow and a sign blew across the road and the car drove over it . The sign came up past the engine and put a nice round dinge in the bonnet another part of it came out through the chrome radiator grille . No mehanical damage was done to the car and he was able to drive home but it always looked like it had a tooth missing with the hole in the radiator grill and a Carbuncle on the bonnet. It broke down near the town hall in Carlow one saturday and while we had the bonnet up Jim Murphy of Crann came over from Ewings :scared: to see if he could help. He offered to tow us home with his lorry . The chain he had was huge but we managed to attach it and set off but the chain was so heavy that it dragged on the ground most of the time as the weight of the car was not able to keep it tight .
My father offered Jim the haulage of our Sugar Beet and he ended up hauling it for twenty years .
The piston had disintegrated he repaired it but he traded it in for an Austin Cambridge that I ended up doing my driving test in .

as promised a few pictures of the work we carried out on the 2511 ,
zetor2511andgardaletter001.jpg

zetor2511andgardaletter002.jpg

zetor2511andgardaletter003.jpg

zetor2511andgardaletter004.jpg

zetor2511andgardaletter005.jpg

zetor2511andgardaletter006.jpg

zetor2511andgardaletter007.jpg

zetor2511andgardaletter008.jpg

as you can see from the pictures a lot of " cutting and shutting " had to be done as it is ny on impossible to get any panels for the 2511 anymore ,

we had to buy newer bigger stuff and reduce it and weld up holes etc , the rear mudguards are actually fiberglass , they are being produced by a lad in clare @€300 a set , they are the nearest we could get to the original at the time but they are really only for decoration , any knock or belt and they would disintegrate ,

apart from the cosmetic end of things she needed a new clutch , brakes all round , lift overhauled , steering overhauled , new starter , altenator , wiring loom , radiator and lots lots more , she's standing us a lot of money now but well worth it i think ,

here is a short video of her reversing into the shed after a quick run ,

remember she is only two cylinder !!! before the hatters start saying that she is running funny or something ..... ha ha :tt2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP1w47tuKFw"]zetor 2511 restored and running - YouTube[/ame]

:thumbup2::

a few more of the finished article ,

25113511zetors004.jpg

25113511zetors003.jpg

25113511zetors002.jpg

25113511zetors001.jpg

the lights and the chrome turned out to be a complete barsteward to get ,
we managed to salvage the front ones on the mudguards but the rear " double " ones cannot be got for love or money anywhere , also the front ones are original shells with a newer lamp mounted inside because they are like hens teeth to get and most probably the first thing that got broke years ago !!!
keithspics275.jpg

here is a pic i found of her before we fitted all the tin work .

so the " wee " one was done so now it was on to the next one , the 3511 , we were very lucky to source a very original 3511 up in leitrim , one ould boy owned her from new , used to use it to go to mass and the shops and that was it , very small hours on it and still on the original front tyres , she even has a functioning handbrake !!!!! :thumbup: all we really did with this one was service it and give a once over patch the holes in the mudgaurds and spray her up !!

a few pics of her when we we got it .

new3511001-1.jpg

new3511002-1.jpg

new3511003.jpg

new3511004.jpg

new3511005.jpg

new3511006-1.jpg

new3511007.jpg

new3511016.jpg

new3511017.jpg

and the final product , she came up very well too and nearly all the work was just cosmetic ,

25113511zetors007.jpg

25113511zetors006.jpg

25113511zetors005.jpg

here she is beside her baby sister before the overhaul ,

new3511018.jpg

new3511019.jpg

and finally a video of her running ,
be patient with it lads , i took it off my phone and i couldnt zoom in when he was down the room so the first few minutes is just scenery lol ,

enjoy :thumbup2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUdwxiSJcGE"]zetor 3511 fully restored - YouTube[/ame]

Enjoyed, yes, but the OP really needs an 8011 in that shed :yes:

Has Candor been since? :001_unsure:

I had one for sale 12 months ago, and a ursus c-385 as well, both belonged to my late uncle, lad down wales bought the ursus and the zetor went in cheffins at the end, couldnt find anyone round here who wanted them

Attachments

• 395244_358885174136385_1155911426_n.jpg
    395244_358885174136385_1155911426_n.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 92
I had one for sale 12 months ago, and a ursus c-385 as well, both belonged to my late uncle, lad down wales bought the ursus and the zetor went in cheffins at the end, couldnt find anyone round here who wanted them

2 nice Crystals there :thumbup:

Give your 1594 a run for the money :whistling:

2 nice Crystals there :thumbup:

Give your 1594 a run for the money :whistling:

the one on the right had been permenantly attached to a bomford brigand arm mower since the day they were new, the hydraulic arms were took off and never used. My uncle used to use them both for drainage board work mowing ditches and the like, then when he retired i had the option to use the zetor, or buy a mower for one of our DB's.

No prizes for guessing my choice :D

nice job there lad if your down around wexford here i'll bring ya to see a couple lads i no did up four or five think a one of them is the same as the second one done there.

if i recall they got some of the hard to find parts from poland.
if ya want more details drop me a pm.

thanks for the reply's lads , yeah nick i know a lad called mark in wexford , he has a load of them all done to a very high standard , we actually bought a few bits off him back in the summer , sound lad .

Back