Zetor fanatic saying hello .

we were also busy this week with a zetor 6718 that we bought cheap for a quick turn around , didn't turn to be a bad ould yoke after , when we got it it hadn't been running for a number of years and it was in poor shape but a bit of a much needed service and a clean up worked wonders for the ould girl , we also had to replace the track rod ens as the steering was shot but all in all she was mechanically good , even had some kind of brakes on her lol !!!!!

anyway i advertised her and the first man to view it bought it and we made a few bob on her so that was the main thing .

a few pics .

you wouldnt believe the amount of black gunk that had built up in the oil spinner , it must have never been serviced EVER !

to be honest i dont think the spinner had " spun " in a long time , some pictures of what came out of it ..........

thanks drew , yeah the ladder comes in handy from time to time ha ha ,

yeah nash he must have got a great deal on the paint for sure because he painted everything with it , wheels , engine , cab etc and all hand painted too !!!!

in fairness it actually helped to preserve the cab itself because going from experience they do rot in certain places but this one was in excellent condition .

Handy little pony for leaving out a few bales on an out farm, or a scraper, fertiliser spreader etc etc. I presume you put that bonnet on it, as it hasn't copious amounts of said red paint:lol: Are the wheels on the back very small, 12.4 x 28s ?

hi jf , yeah you are correct on both counts there , it was devoid of any bonnet so i stuck a spare on it and the back wheels are only 12 / 28's .

hello its update time again , i put the 6718 on done deal and it sold within the hour , delighted and best of luck to the new owners , so not one for sitting around we headed up to our good friend in offally and purchased a zetor 2011 that he had been keeping in storage for us , it doesn't look too appealing but it starts on a half turn and runs beautifully , it has had the engine completely overhauled recently and lift and steering are all good , it just needs the usual doing to it , brakes and tin work and a nice coat of paint ( im not sure if i will go blue or orange ) , i have the original back wheels but they are devoid of tyres at the minute so she is sitting on a set of david brown 990 back wheels ( they will be for sale this week ) anyway im babbling as usual , here are a few pics i took when we got her home ,

we also made a nice bit of progress with the 5611 , we now have the side panels and the bonnet fitted and the nose cone and mesh ,
we also managed to save and restore her original front headlights and i must say they look very well ,
its really taking shape now and we managed to source an original set of door locks and stickers from p.f.gill in castlejordan last saturday ,
there was a big debate about what type of back lights to use , she originally came with the round " burger " type lights but i wanted to try the newer " rectangular " type that came on the 7045 etc ,
i was shot down so a new set of " burger lights in led are on order , lets hope they are not too small and skimpy looking when they are fitted , anyway pictures .

hello again everyone , hope the new year finds you all well , bit nippy around these parts so not much restoration work being done but we did have a mates Peugeot van in to get an engine transplant , bitch of a job , she fought us all the way and as yet is still not back on the road , i guess it wasnt helped by the fact that we were trying to shoehorn a different type of engine under the bonnet but we have it in and shes running , we need to button up the exhaust and re-route some pipes for the radiator and power steering but the vast majority of the work is done thank god , few pics .

Last edited:
we also tackled the steering on our 2511 which had never actually been done and you would need a set of arms like Schwarzenegger to steer the bloody thing , during the process our vice decided to shatter into a million bits ( cast crap ) so we ended up trying to secure the steering arms to the bench using 4 sets of vice grips and pure brute strength and a lot of ignorance and cursing , the track rod ends were actually so badly seized we had to heat them to get them off and re heat them to get the new ones back on !!! nightmare of a job but well worth it as you can turn the steering with you baby finger now .
few pics .

we also received our 2015 copy of irish vintage scenes new calendar and our zetors are in it whoo hooo , i took a picture of the picture but it didn't come out great ,

Congratulations on becoming semi famous, via your Vintage Scene calendar appearance.
No wonder you have been quiet on here lately, what with that engine transplant. The French seem to love making simple things awkward, though most manufacturers seem to be doing it nowadays . Changing the heater plugs in a Peugeot Expert would need hands the size of a 4 year olds, and your arms to have a 2nd set of elbows and double jointed wrists. Had you to change the injector pump from one engine to the other, due to the immobiliser? Brother in law had to in a 99 Peugeot 406 a number of years ago.

Congratulations on becoming semi famous, via your Vintage Scene calendar appearance.
No wonder you have been quiet on here lately, what with that engine transplant. The French seem to love making simple things awkward, though most manufacturers seem to be doing it nowadays . Changing the heater plugs in a Peugeot Expert would need hands the size of a 4 year olds, and your arms to have a 2nd set of elbows and double jointed wrists. Had you to change the injector pump from one engine to the other, due to the immobiliser? Brother in law had to in a 99 Peugeot 406 a number of years ago.

I've done the immobilizer on them u chiesl off shear bolts on the plate over the injector pump solenoid get a live feed from some were wire in it.
This not the easiest thing but can be done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

thanks guys for the kind comments , yeah we really suffered big time with the transplant , seemingly the replacement engine is from an older model 306 D- turbo model , turns out the pump , block , power steering pump mounting , head , rocker cover , loom , water pump housing , radiator hoses , engine mountings , bottom pulley , exhaust manifold and numerous other bits are all different even though only two years separated the age of the vehicles .

a serious head scratcher but in fairness johnny nitro ( who owns the van ) said she would fit and it did , luckily he had the perseverance and patients to keep at it other wise i would have scrapped it long ago ha ha .

hello all , back again for a bit of an update , we have a vintage tractor run approaching next weekend and we are scrambling now trying to get the 5611 finished for it , we have most of the wiring buttoned up , we got the wheels back from paint ( thanks donkey for your help ) yesterday and got them fitted and we started the engine , she runs very well after nearly 20 years lying up , here are a few pictures and im waiting on a video to upload of her starting for the first time , ill add that once its ready .

phew , finally finished our 5611 and just in time for the ian melvin memorial tractor run tomorrow , lat few loose ends tidied up and got four tractors delivered up for the run this evening and three more to run up in the morning , full report and pictures to follow but for now here are some snaps of the finished product !!

bear in mind that we kept a lot of her original stuff and re-used it including the mats the seat the headlining , sun visor front tyres , all the glass , clocks ( showing original 1700 hrs from new ) and all the wee switches and knobs that we found scattered around in her after 20 years lying under a tree !!!!

bear in mind that we kept a lot of her original stuff and re-used it including the mats the seat the headlining , sun visor front tyres , all the glass , clocks ( showing original 1700 hrs from new ) and all the wee switches and knobs that we found scattered around in her after 20 years lying under a tree !!!!

Roughly how many hours did ya put into restoring her.

If your looking for more I spotted three in a field yesterday

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

oh jesus nick it would be hard to put a figure on it to be honest because the brother does nearly all of the work in his spare time and he has spent some long long days at her in the last few months , i know we took nearly two months on the cab alone but as previous posts have shown there was a lot of cutting and welding involved , i think she turned out nice though despite all the hassle , we have 8 more waiting in the wings for the full treatment but we are always on the look out for more to add to the " fleet " .

Back