Zetor Forterra HSX140 on 5 furrow

What did you think of them? (try and be subjective, please:whistling:)

I am always subjective Larry :thumbup:

Zetor have come on leaps and bound in the last few years IMV.

We have a very active dealer in our area and I suspect he will be pushing these hard too.

They maybe a little basic in some departments compared to others but that is no bad thing.

The only issue is they may price themselves out of their original market??

They should have an option for front suspension!
I think that particluar model in the video is around £42k, our local dealer has a 135 16v which is the same power, just minus the powershutle and is 7" shorter. Its round the £34k mark, with 3 year warenty, you couldn't really go wrong? Could you?

I drove a 2011 125 yesterday and was quite impressed, very lively and comfortable, the manual shuttle was very good! Tho I'd say without suspension could be a we bit bouncy at 40k, but for field work I could spend a long day in it without a bother.

They should have an option for front suspension!
I think that particluar model in the video is around £42k, our local dealer has a 135 16v which is the same power, just minus the powershutle and is 7" shorter. Its round the £34k mark, with 3 year warenty, you couldn't really go wrong? Could you?

In fairness you wouldn't except for the stigma attached to them still:sweatdrop:

:001_smile:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BCfgXm7TlU&feature=related"]Zetor UK, Forage harvesting with Forterra 135 - YouTube[/ame]

In fairness you wouldn't except for the stigma attached to them still:sweatdrop:

That's it, the neighbours would be screwing their noses up at :D

When the three years warranty is up, I cant see it taking much to change for another new one, looking on donedeal, the 2nd hand forterra's seem to be holding their money very well!

We briefly considered a Forterra 9641 but the Bosch hydraulics on that example turned us off and the lack of loader.

Was actually a gutsy performer from the test drive we had.

We briefly considered a Forterra 9641 but the Bosch hydraulics on that example turned us off and the lack of loader.

Was actually a gutsy performer from the test drive we had.

What didnt you like about the bosch hydraulics? I thought it was very handy and easy to use?

I am always subjective Larry :thumbup:

Zetor have come on leaps and bound in the last few years IMV.

We have a very active dealer in our area and I suspect he will be pushing these hard too.

They maybe a little basic in some departments compared to others but that is no bad thing.

The only issue is they may price themselves out of their original market??

I'd expect a good service from the new dealer in the county alright, I was told by someone locally who was in pricing one against his 9540 that a new Fronterra 135 is €53k, I think this is expensive for a tractor with no suspension, no power shuttle and I'm not sure about the power shift situation. If they were well priced I'd have one tomorrow.:thumbup:

I'd expect a good service from the new dealer in the county alright, I was told by someone locally who was in pricing one against his 9540 that a new Fronterra 135 is €53k, I think this is expensive for a tractor with no suspension, no power shuttle and I'm not sure about the power shift situation. If they were well priced I'd have one tomorrow.:thumbup:

I agree about the lack of suspension, really think there should be an option for this!

I think the price quoted would be for a 140 hsx, with power shuttle, and a few more extras over the 135, which should be closer to €42000 and from driving the 125 you wouldn't miss the power shuttle as the manual is very slick!

just remember lots of snobs with john deere's and the likes started with zetors and especially the crystal!!!!!!

It's all coming out of the woodwork now:D
Wonder what other secrets he is hiding from us eh :ohmy: :D

I did say briefly - I wouldn't be telling ye boys everything now :D

Feckin' nosey parkers :whistling:

Don't forget about the other dealer!

That seems very expensive alright. If it is like the old Forterra it would have a 3 speed powershift - air activated I believe but probably a manual shuttle.

Bit of a jump from a 9540!

Back