zetor/unia round baler.

tinman

Very Senior Member
i see at the ploughing that zetor is bringing in a round baler into ireland.
based on the old deutz baler iirc.

its a baler i suppose, not built like a brick ....., but its all there i guess, all be it basic.
it has a positive lock on the door mind you.
neways, €19,500 all in, it sells for.

it ill have its place i guess, they were like flies round shtie when the rep came out to talk to people about it.
one lad was for buying one there and then.

Attachments

• IMAG2347.jpg
    IMAG2347.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMAG2348.jpg
    IMAG2348.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMAG2349.jpg
    IMAG2349.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 108
  • IMAG2350.jpg
    IMAG2350.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 110
Drop floor, reverse gearbox and door lock isn't too shabby.

Platform at the front isn't great looking for changing net:001_unsure:

Give me a second hand Welger.

Drop floor, reverse gearbox and door lock isn't too shabby.

Platform at the front isn't great looking for changing net:001_unsure:

Give me a second hand Welger.
ya know, she is all there.
its light tho, but for a farmers own use you can see the potential.
but the list goes on after that too, wrapper, mower ya know the rest.

what amazed me was the amount of lads looking for a demo.

the design wasnt a bad one in the past tbh.

one lad i was chattin said he was told the welger baler wouldnt turn a wet bale of grass...:rolleyes:.
he was a lot clearer on the subject when i left him.

Back of pickup, knife floor would remind me of a Claas...had to straighten ours with the trolly jack after a stone...

one lad i was chattin said he was told the welger baler wouldnt turn a wet bale of grass...:rolleyes:.
he was a lot clearer on the subject when i left him.

Got to wonder the bs rival sales-men/baler owners feed people at times.:rolleyes:

Of course you put him straight, never mind the awful weather and the fact it was a day out.:D

i see at the ploughing that zetor is bringing in a round baler into ireland.
based on the old deutz baler iirc.

its a baler i suppose, not built like a brick ....., but its all there i guess, all be it basic.
it has a positive lock on the door mind you.
neways, €19,500 all in, it sells for.

it ill have its place i guess, they were like flies round shtie when the rep came out to talk to people about it.
one lad was for buying one there and then.

Tinman you could get 2 of them for the price of the welger , not a bad deal and you would have 1 to spare.:thumbup2:

Tinman you could get 2 of them for the price of the welger , not a bad deal and you would have 1 to spare.:thumbup2:

Bet me to it it James!

Even when I was around there - lads were the same.

Thought they looked familiar now I know why :D

Secondhand value could be by the tonne in a short while.

Bet me to it it James!

Even when I was around there - lads were the same.

Thought they looked familiar now I know why :D

Secondhand value could be by the tonne in a short while.

What baler dosent lose money , if you put 25k bales on a mchale or welger will it be worth 20k , now the average price of a mchale or welger is about 35k, so you will lose 16k , now this baler at 19k , if it loses 15k it will leave it at 4k with 25k bales on it. I looked at this machine at the ploughing and it impressed me , its component suppliers are all out of the top drawer. I think they could be a good buy.

What baler dosent lose money , if you put 25k bales on a mchale or welger will it be worth 20k , now the average price of a mchale or welger is about 35k, so you will lose 16k , now this baler at 19k , if it loses 15k it will leave it at 4k with 25k bales on it. I looked at this machine at the ploughing and it impressed me , its component suppliers are all out of the top drawer. I think they could be a good buy.

Well I guess the proof in the pudding will be known in 2 years or so once these are out in the field.

I don't think buyers of these balers would be concerned with their trade in value. If your opinion is proved right, it does seriously question where the others find another €20k though on the asking price.

deprecation wouldnt be as much as the like's of a dearer baler, but she wouldnt be up to any heavy work imo, grand for a farmer like, one who wasnt in a hurry.
as for the components out of the top drawer, id have my doubts, bearings looked a bit light, never mind the 4 day camel ride to get some of them out eventually.

I don't think buyers of these balers would be concerned with their trade in value. If your opinion is proved right, it does seriously question where the others find another €20k though on the asking price.
if you looked round her you will see a lot of the difference tho.
the ram for the reel is scary thin and so on.

i suppose its like buying a hilti angle grinder and one out of aldi, they both will do the job, but for how long like.

It would be a bit like someone recommending a Landini over a Valtra! (is there a cat among pigeons smilie?)

(is there a cat among pigeons smilie?)

2019501609_75378_TrollFace_answer_1_small.png

Always helping. :sweatdrop:.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEhW2ccxIqI&feature=colike"]Unia Group Prasa zwijaaca DF - YouTube[/ame]

[STRIKE]That’s all well and good, but would it do it on a wet day away in Stoke.[/STRIKE]

Side note, never understood the need to reverse back to let the bale out in flat fields like that. Relax for a few seconds and save your tractor.

Last edited:
[STRIKE]That’s all well and good, but would it do it on a wet day away in Stoke.[/STRIKE]

Side note, never understood the need to reverse back to let the bale out in flat fields like that. Relax for a few seconds and save your tractor.

I never get why people do that either, isn't that what the bar is for at the back?

And, if you were feeling very brave..........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcWvsIgm6LA&feature=colike"]Unia Group Prasa Master - YouTube[/ame]

It's like everything is in slow motion. That thing for standing the bale would be no use picking up after a mower with how far it throws it across.

Back