Zetor

Big Cat

Sorry if you have seen the photos before.
Zetor 12145, 40kph with Bonhill spreader.
Photos taken about 2000.
Scan10.jpg

Scan9.jpg

Loading with the International Hough 50.
Scan7.jpg

Scan8.jpg

Never driven a 40k version,they must have been a handful on the road :sweatdrop:

Last edited by a moderator:
They were grand when they had an anchor is a trailer with brakes as the brakes were the worst of them.

The memories of warm flat coke and long wave radio 252 and drawing silage on one!

The 10145 on a Bonhill tanker,
The tank was made of fibreglass, the tractor had a very poor lock and would only do 30kph.
Scan2.jpg

Scan1.jpg

Scan.jpg

Bought this Ursus as a burnt out, we did take the cab off and put a Duncan cab on. This tractor also did 40kmph, this tractor was on 18.4/38 tyres and went very well. We put a Browns hi lift loader on it and that work well to.
Scan21.jpg

Scan20.jpg

Did have the Belarus on it at time,
Scan47.jpg

Never driven a 40k version,they must have been a handful on the road :sweatdrop:

Yes it was, sometimes when slowing up on the road the engine would cut out, not good when i was trying to steer.
At the time there were no other 40kmph tractors, just the odd JD 3050, soon have them.

They were grand when they had an anchor is a trailer with brakes as the brakes were the worst of them.

The memories of warm flat coke and long wave radio 252 and drawing silage on one!

Yes put a few disks in the tractors, also the spools were a bit poor.

Did see this one for sale last yer, not long before it was sold,
001-3.jpg

024-1.jpg

this Ursus was in the same dealers yard.
Duxford009.jpg

Did see this one at Cambridge sale back in the 90s,
Scaned3.jpg

what's that behind it? is it a northop?? or a mastiff???, think that's what they ere called, would be worth a packet by now I bet! sorry, going off topic a bit!

I think I have seen a few Zetor cabbed ones advertised as 40k but not certain. Apparently the 40k was likely to give more bother than the slow version.

On the 2 i had, 3rd and 4th were the other way round.
1 3. 1 4
2 4, 2 3,

30kmph. 40kmph

How was reliability overall?

Well, the 12145 had done a lot of work when i got it.
After a few years, when travailing in top gear the back end would lock up, then free it self off. Not good at 40kmph.
So it went down the road.
The Ursus was a lot better, i think it is the heavy draft work that kill them.

Well, the 12145 had done a lot of work when i got it.
After a few years, when travailing in top gear the back end would lock up, then free it self off. Not good at 40kmph.
So it went down the road.
The Ursus was a lot better, i think it is the heavy draft work that kill them.

Still though they were probably good value for money. Not so sure the new ones offer the same value :001_unsure:

Still though they were probably good value for money. Not so sure the new ones offer the same value :001_unsure:

Yes, when i bought my 12145, i could get a International 956 with bit hanging off it for the same money.
Think i paid about £4000 for it back in 2000.

Do you use them for contracting Big Cat?.
Are they still in action or have you moved on the other makes and models?.
Sorry for the raft of questions,I'm just curious about these old lumps as they were the norm around my area in my youth.
Sadly almost extinct now.

Do you use them for contracting Big Cat?.
Are they still in action or have you moved on the other makes and models?.
Sorry for the raft of questions,I'm just curious about these old lumps as they were the norm around my area in my youth.
Sadly almost extinct now.

The tractors have gone.
I started out muck spreading with the Zetors. After a few years i mover on to a JD 4440, then on to JCB Fastracs. Had a few JCBs, found them good value.
MF6290
Then a NH TVT155,
MF7480,
MF7485
case mxm155
Now a mf 7485.
The only ones i have now are the Case, been waiting 4 weeks for a wiring loom for it to come from the USA, and a MF 7485.

The JD,
Scan17.jpg

JCB 413.
Scan16.jpg

Moved on to ECE spreaders,
Scaned24.jpg

JCB,
Scan41.jpg

MF7480, Now running Bunnings spreaders,
079.jpg

7480 with the Mejar spreader,
Duxford015-1.jpg